Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was rather clumsy or too brute in using my power to open my hood and in the process, the handle of the hood release literally just broke off. Now I've been browsing the Internet to order a new hood release handle/lever. Did not have any luck finding one to fix it myself. I own a v6 '09 Touareg.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Common issue, easily fixed.

I just got mine from the dealer - for what it cost and what I might have saved searching, why bother?!

It saves time and you get the right part.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Can't remember now, it was so long ago! At a guess, the equivalent of twenty bucks?

Took me about ten minutes to fit.

One tip for you - and anyone else - always pull the hood /bonnet release lever "level" in a straight line backwards.

The time I bust it I was pulling upwards.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't remember now, it was so long ago! At a guess, the equivalent of twenty bucks? Took me about ten minutes to fit. One tip for you - and anyone else - always pull the hood /bonnet release lever "level" in a straight line backwards. The time I bust it I was pulling upwards.
I know. I broke it opening it up while I was sitting on the passenger side. Which basically made me pull it upwards as you said. Thank you for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts