Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Proud owner of a 2008 VW Touareg II V6:cool:

My first question for the forum:
looking for a new set of tires, should i keep or replace my current

Bridgestone Dueler H/P Sport
275 /45 R19 108Y XL BSW N0

Is there a better summer sport tire for use here in Northern California?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
One key thing - you MUST run a Touareg with 4 IDENTICAL tires - same size, same make, same model, same tread pattern and similar tread depth - to avoid damaging the transmission through wind-up.

If you use the space-saver spare you must NOT exceed the 50 mph/80kph speed limit stuck on it.

The transmission will cope with the wheel's overall diameter variation up to this speed but not beyond it.

Do read the Buying a Used Touareg thread - link in my signature - if you haven't done so. You'll learn a lot and know what problems to expect.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
I used them once.....good summer tire, did well in the rain, BUT wore fast. I got around 20K miles from them. To me, that's too fast for $1300.00

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have them on and they are a good street tire, but wear way to fast, especially the front outside edges if you like to drive. Got about 15k miles out of them. Also read up on the tire posts about what else might work for you. I switched out from the 275/45-19 to 265/50-19 and the overall ride improved.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I'm on my second set and they have excellent grip on wet and dry conditions. I bought mine at Costco and since it is warm all year where I live, I will probably buy them again.

Reactions: ChazzyGoo

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep! Bought mine from COSTCO too, with a $70.- discount cupon got them for $1.100.00 including rebuild of my TPMS, thought that was a good deal.
Thanks all I just wanted some reassurance from fellow Touareg owners, not sure of my actual mileage but I did have them for two years, (Only Weekend Driving) still had some tread left but i don't like to wait too long especially when its a rainy wet spring on the way.
I didn't experience any uneven wear on the edges, maybe a slight difference in the middle from a brief period of overinflation.
Got them bolted on some OEM 19" Porsche Cayan wheels, nothing like the feel of new tires, love the ride.
Thanks again All!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep! Bought mine from COSTCO too, with a $70.- discount cupon got them for $1.100.00 including rebuild of my TPMS, thought that was a good deal.
Thanks all I just wanted some reassurance from fellow Touareg owners, not sure of my actual mileage but I did have them for two years, (Only Weekend Driving) still had some tread left but i don't like to wait too long especially when its a rainy wet spring on the way.
I didn't experience any uneven wear on the edges, maybe a slight difference in the middle from a brief period of overinflation.
Got them bolted on some OEM 19" Porsche Cayan wheels, nothing like the feel of new tires, love the ride.
Thanks again All!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I never thought about switching out from the 275/45-19 to 265/50-19 for an overall ride improvement may try that on my next set.

Thank you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts