Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting a set of these tires on our Touareg. Getting installed at our local Costco and looks like they are available throughout the country. The tires that came with our Treg were a little dry cracked from sitting in a lot while waiting for the "fix", I think. Renting a teardrop trailer and towing it up to Wyoming next week so should be a good test for these tires and our first tow with the Treg. Will report on our experience with the tires.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks like a good solid all around tire. Do you use a dedicated winter tire as well or are you just running that one all year? I'm planning to put some Duratracs on in the same size.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got a few thousand miles on these and they have been great. No complaints and the road noise is the same or less than the Michelins that were on there. We've towed a few trailers with them and haven't had any issues. No experience towing with any other tire on the car. Don't have the budget for a dedicated winter tire at the time so planning on these for year around use. With the all wheel drive it should be fine this winter but having winter tires for my Jetta it makes a noticeable difference so planning on getting some in the future. Did some off-roading this past weekend on some rocky inclines and the tires handled it with ease.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Great set of tires (although I have the 255/60R17 version). I just put my second set on after getting about 55k mi. out of the first set.

·
Registered
89 Posts
So Costco didn't throw a fit that they are a different size than the original tire?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope. I already had that size tire on the car, and having experienced issues with other tire shops, I asked if that would be a problem since it wasn't the original tire size. They said that if its already on the car and I don't have any problems then it would be fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
A97XJ
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing