Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2011 Touareg V-6 last week and have noticed a very loud squeak when backing the car out of the garage. Doesn't seem to do it when going forward. Is this symptomatic of this car or is there a problem that I should address? Been driving for over 55 years and this is the loudest squeak I have had in any vehicle that I have driven.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Mine does it too only when I back up in the morning. Some morning worse than others, and some mornings no squeal at all. Never in forward. I believe this is very common and due in part to moisture on the rotors and pads. Or something to do with a wiper that`s supposed to clean the rotors.

I`ve gotten to the point where I back out of my driveway at a good speed and push fairly hard on the brakes. One loud squeal and then no more. Braking is excellent on this vehicle so I don`t make a big deal out of the occasional squeal.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mine squeaked rather it squealed in reverse. Dealer put new pads on when it was under warranty and never had the noise after that.

·
Registered
189 Posts
We have had the same morning squeal since getting our 2011 VR6 a couple years ago, supposedly if you take pads out of calipers and clean contact points and lubricate properly you have a 70/30 chance of noise going away but we have just gotten used to it at this point.
The squeal is actually the brake pad moving in the caliper slightly, not from rubbing on the rotor.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
My 2006 Touareg did this with OEM pads. My 2013 Audi allroad did/sometimes still does and it still has OEM pads in the rear. I've been in MB and BMW forums where people complain about the same thing.

Usually, the squeal gets louder the colder it is outside.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts