Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2014 Touareg TDI R-Line. I am looking to replace front brakes and I am coming across options that are 330mm versus 360mm. Can anyone confirm which size would be applicable for my vehicle? Thanks!

·
Registered
617 Posts
The exact size of the rotors depend on the actual brake system you have in your Touareg, and also whether we're talking about front or rear brakes. You need to look at your build sticker and find the codes for the front and rear brake systems. They're usually in the form of 1Lx, 1Kx, where "x" is some letter. Most common brake system codes are from 1LA through 1LF, but there are some with other codes, too.

·
Registered
474 Posts
You have 330mm front rotors. Only the Hybrid and V8 TDI got 360mm rotors.

·
Registered
474 Posts
is it feasible to upgrade to the 360 mm rotors?
Depends on what you think is feasible and how deep your pockets are. You need rotors, calipers with brackets, and pads. Perhaps if you found one at a wrecker.

Pad and rotor material will greatly effect braking power.

·
Registered
296 Posts
You put some aggressive pads with the 4 piston calipers and those stock rotors will give you all the braking power you will ever need but you will also have lots of brake dust.

I installed Pagid pads with "GG" rating with brand new Brembo HC stock size rotors and stopping power was amazing, lots of dust too.

Went back to stock pads and still all the stopping power I need

1 - 7 of 7 Posts