Club Touareg Forum banner

Brake pad wear sensor harness. 2016 3ltr V6 Diesel Touareg

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  volkswagens-for-life 
#1 ·
Hi, this is my first post and am hoping that it will be of benefit to others as I have discovered a problem with wear warning problem.
I am changing my front brake discs and pads because there was a loud grinding at the front when braking. I discovered that the warning harness is only fitted to one pad on each side, unfortunately it was the pad without a sensor that had worn down and causing the grinding.
My question is, can I fit a 2 sensor harness as this will ensure that even with uneven wear across the pads that whichever is wearing the most that the warning light would warn the driver in good time.
Because of the grinding I am now having to replace the damaged brake discs. This would also ensure that the braking efficiency would not be compromised.
(What do you think)?.....VW?

#3 ·
Thank you for responding....I am hoping that they are compatible with the single harness connector plug. I appreciate the wear allowance comment.
If only VW had fitted them at outset I would have been warned of the anomaly in the wear between the pads and the chance for me to maintain a balanced braking system.
Again, many thanks for a quick response......Chris

#6 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.