Club Touareg Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,648 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Dragline and I just replaced all rotors and pads on my Treg 150 TDI 7P.
Drove 4000km with the light on towing a 19.5ft van. (Granted they were long 'country miles')
Brake report Fronts just over 3mm, Rears just under 4mm. Rotors both around 0.7mm wear each side of disk.
Only one front sensor had activated.
Fitted DBA rotors and Bendix pads.
(Very impressed with Draglines (Mark) work standards) Thanks Mark.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Drove 4000km with the light on towing a 19.5ft van. (Granted they were long 'country miles')
Brake report Fronts just over 3mm, Rears just under 4mm. Rotors both around 0.7mm wear each side of disk.
Hi Pommy,
was getting rather concerned with you in not seeing any activity from you what seems like 12 months, good to see you posting again (read you must be OK).
Best,
Tonyb

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Thanks Stuart you are too kind
Drop me a line as to the feel of the new brakes when they bed right down.

regards
Drag

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi tonyb
I have not forgotten you guys, just had a hectic time with OS trips, family health and moving house.
caravan club muster on almost sometime as this years Treg muster.
Thanks for the thoughts.
Regards
Stuart (pommy)

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you'd have gone another 1K miles, you'd likely still would have essentially the same thickness left, because you likely were already not running on the actual pad material, but on the tips of the steel "claws" that are holding them in place, and the actual braking was done by the other pads. See this video here around 8:30!
I don’t understand this. I’ve been with vw/Audi since 2012, done countless brake jobs on tourers and q7s. The light comes on at like 3-4mm. Nowhere near the backing material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
692 Posts
I don’t understand this. I’ve been with vw/Audi since 2012, done countless brake jobs on tourers and q7s. The light comes on at like 3-4mm. Nowhere near the backing material.

How many kms would you estimate that you could drive on that safely?

·
Registered
53 Posts
How many kms would you estimate that you could drive on that safely?
I’m not going to answer that for liability reasons. What I WILL say is I’ve seen customers drive a few months and upwards or 10,000km before coming in for replacement and they still weren’t metal on metal. (Not that I recommend driving with the light on...)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts