Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I'm new to the forum. Our Touareg '06 V8 is locked up at the moment. My wife went to go to work and found the display reading Brake Fault etc...and the shifter locked down. I read a few threads on here and after checking the carpet driver side it is quite damp and some on here suggested that might mess with the wiring. I checked the brake fluid and that all seemed as it should be. I did come across this wire that I've attached a pic of and for the life of me I can't figure out what it might connect to or where it goes? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Also, I believe the water is dripping from below the dash. Again, I read on here that it could be an overflowing "pollen tray". Could someone tell me how to fix that? Is it simply getting a hex screwdriver and taking off the dash pieces to access it and replace it?

Anyway, Thanks in Advance! I am going to mark this urgent as we need this vehicle to get up and running to get to work and transport the kiddos as soon as possible.

Billy

Attachments

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I think that lead might be the connection for the in-transit charger the cars were fitted with when they were being shipped to the US so when they arrived they could always be started to avoid delays when unloading the ship.

If the pollen filter is wet then the drains in the plenum chamber/bulkhead are probably blocked so you will need to clear those first.

There is a pictorial how-to on the UK based site www.mytreg.com but that seems to be down at the moment so I can't find the link for you. Try again in a short while.

The other reason for water in the by the heater cabin is a blocked or dislodged pipe that takes the aircon condensate away.

Here's the pollen filter how-to:

https://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/2008_Volkswagen_Touareg_3.6L_V6/air_filter_cabin/replace

The next thing you need to do is to put the car on VCDS to read the actual fault codes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx NoobyToogy! I'll look into it some more and see how we go. Will post back as soon as possible with what I find.

Thanks again!
B.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I think that lead might be the connection for the in-transit charger the cars were fitted with when they were being shipped to the US so when they arrived they could always be started to avoid delays when unloading the ship.
I think the wires look too thin for charging, and I doubt they'd bundle the charging cables with the regular harness anyway, as the former could get very hot, and would require better electric insulation.

On the other side the connector very much looks like those used for the temperature and pressure sensors in the engine bay. Because of that I think this might be for one of the many cabin temperature (or possibly air quality) sensors.

But then again, this is just my best guess. Don't quote me on this! A VCDS scan could definitely give more appropriate clues on to what sensor the car thinks is disconnected or appears faulty.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hi there I'm new to the forum. Our Touareg '06 V8 is locked up at the moment. My wife went to go to work and found the display reading Brake Fault etc...and the shifter locked down.
Did you check the battery voltage? Maybe it's way too low.

Also, I believe the water is dripping from below the dash. Again, I read on here that it could be an overflowing "pollen tray". Could someone tell me how to fix that? Is it simply getting a hex screwdriver and taking off the dash pieces to access it and replace it?
You will need not hex, but Torx drivers for that. Actually a T20 driver/head for the pollen filter cover. If you're there, you can check whether the aforementioned A/C drain is connected properly to the air box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts