Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my 2005 T1 VR6 has the "Brake Assist Workshop" warning in the MFI and a hang shift between 2nd-3rd gears. ABS and Traction Control lights on. Dealer told me it was a bad LR wheel bearing after pulling codes associated with that. Also a Steering Angle Position sensor fault. I've read that there are at least 4 popular cause to the "Brake Assist Workshop" warning
Help would be awesome.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Get a proper VCDS scan of it.... right now, we don't have much to help you out with...... vague details at best.

If the dealer says it's a LEFT REAR wheel bearing, get them to replace it to fix the issue, because I can assure you that's not it. LOL
You mention Steering Angle Position fault.... unless you're talking about a forklift, I'm pretty confident that the rest or our Touareg's steer with the front axle.... not the one your dealer is telling you is the problem ;)

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
With multiple faults like this I wonder if it's the well known poor splice in the wiring loom by the front passenger door on RHD cars / the driver's door on LHDs.

Plenty of threads and pictures on this on here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts