Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh boy, I love the T-reg so much, so I test drove a Cayenne for a fun. 2 hours later my BMW 325i was replaced with Porsche.

Now I have two tow vehicles. Love the Cayenne so far. 2011 V6 TDI

It almost feels like a T-reg :p

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
The feel of the two vehicles are very similar. You can put the bigger Cayenne anti sway bars on the Touareg if you wish.

Welcome Juha. You are not the only Cayenne owner on this site.

·
Multiple v10tdi owner
(3)2004 V10tdi’s
769 Posts
I can tell you first hand that the Cayenne GTS we own is no Touareg. Completely different feel from the touareg. I would have never thought that before we bought ours... but it does cost twice the price of the Touareg so I guess you have to get something more than sway bars! Plus no VCDS. The equivalent is lacking in so many features that it really is only used as a code reader and a service reset.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The first pic is taken from the shop yard. The car had just arrived. We bought it dirty, because my son wanted to do the cleanup. The second pic after a good wash. These are the only pictures, because my son and Porsche are now gone to a 3 day road trip...

I still prefer my T-Reg, because of the power and air suspensioned comfort + all the bells and whistles. Cayenne with this entry level diesel does not quite live up to the perceived Porsche performance...

Because the car is 9 yrs old, I didn't want air suspension, PASM, panorama nor active cruise. A lot less to be worried about...

Otherwise the car is OK equipped:
Bose
Navi
14 way seats w memory
Remote controlled heater
Heated windscreen
Heated steering wheel
Heated seats front & Back
Mirror dim
Reverse camera
Sport Design package
Tinted windows
Electric hatch
21" Cayenne Sport edition summer wheels 295/35-21 (original extra cost 10500 eur...)
4 zone climate
Tech Art front bumper (similar to Turbo)
Servotronic steering
Hitch, detachable

1 - 6 of 6 Posts