Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2006 T1 V8 I just replaced both Xenon D1S bulbs after one (Passenger side) was flickering and finally failed. Now both headlight bulbs are out and now getting a fault code 01344 on the left (Drivers side).
01344 - HID (Xenon) Headlight
012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit
and similar on the Passenger side
01344 - HID (Xenon) Headlight
012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit - Intermittent
Drivers side was working before I replaced the bulb with Philips D1S bulbs bought from reputable supplier. I inspected all internal wiring and all was nice and clean and corrosion free without any insulation peeling, etc. like I've seen others have. Put the known working bulb back in and not working either. Parking lights and Flash to Pass work on both sides. Checked all applicable fuses and they are fine.
Any suggestions on where to look next? Thanks in advance!

· Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,871 Posts
The Xenon bulbs are driven by a ballast. It's the silver box on the side of the headlight ass'y.
Either they both suddenly went bad with new bulbs or somehow the wiring harness to them was disturbed. Might start there.

· Registered
06 V8
120 Posts
Did you check the insulation on the wires behind the lights? Long shot, but that's a common failure point as well

Reactions: New2Tregs

· Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,871 Posts
Did you check the insulation on the wires behind the lights? Long shot, but that's a common failure point as well
I was thinking that first off as well but seen the OP had said they looked good. I would have thought for sure they were disrupted in the install.
I hope the OP posts back letting us know what they found.

· Registered
06 V8
120 Posts
I was thinking that first off as well but seen the OP had said they looked good. I would have thought for sure they were disrupted in the install.
I hope the OP posts back letting us know what they found.
I read it as he only checked the wiring inside the light itself

Reactions: New2Tregs

· Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,871 Posts
You are correct.
I really hope the OP does report back with any findings as it might help others down the road.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts