Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new Touareg and the sales rep at the dealership told me it had Bluetooth and would work wirelessly with any cell phone that has Bluetooth. I cannot find anything in the manual about this and I have seen no discussion of this in the Touareg forums. Was he full of it? I was just about to purchase a new phone with Bluetooth but maybe I don't need to after all. If anyone has the answer to this question please help!

Also, assuming the Bluetooth thing was a fantasy, how does a standard cell phone work with the Touareg? I've read about how to install the phone kits, but how does it actually function? How do you answer a call, speak, listen, etc.? I have Nav, upgraded sound, etc. and there is a Tele button on dash. A quick description of how it works once it's wired in would be great!

Thanks in advance to everyone!

Bill

· Registered
866 Posts
The Touareg does not come Bluetooth enabled. You can add a Bluetooth kit though, if the wireless option appeals to you (I have, and love it).

Perhaps your salesman will buy one for you though, since he told you it was there? ;)

· Registered
9 Posts
I would be interested in the Bluetooth kit. I have OnStar and I was told I could add a Bluetooth kit and use the existing speaker and mic system from OnStar...is this correct? Or, did I get misled?

If I can integrate the Bluetooth, I would be interested in where (and what brand) people purchased the kit, so I can do the same.

Thanks,
Ki

· Registered
9 Posts
I would be interested in the Bluetooth kit. I have OnStar and I was told I could add a Bluetooth kit and use the existing speaker and mic system from OnStar...is this correct? Or, did I get misled?

If I can integrate the Bluetooth, I would be interested in where (and what brand) people purchased the kit, so I can do the same.

Thanks,
Ki

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would be interested int he Bluetooth kit as well. I doubt my sales rep is going to add this for me. If you could give me some input as to where you got yours, how much, how easy to install, etc. that would be wonderful.

Thanks!

· Registered
866 Posts
Here's one thread on subject, use the search function to find more, as there were several threads here discussing the pros and cons of various Blutooth kits.

Bluetooth Handsfree for Touareg

I installed the Parrot CK3000, but there are several other makes and models as well. Search google for "bluetooth wireless phone" to find both phones and kits to choose from.

· Premium Member
4,837 Posts
kiwoon said:

Thanks,
Ki
If you have OnStar, you can tap (or splice) the audio input and mute wires to add a phone kit.

· Registered
42 Posts
[quote="spockcat]If you have OnStar, you can tap (or splice) the audio input and mute wires to add a phone kit.[/quote]

I'm hoping I understood this correctly. Are you saying that I can use the mic from the Onstar install with my phone kit and your phone wiring? Or do I still need to hookup my own mic?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.