Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a Sony T637 phone with Bluetooth (a fantastic phone on the Cingular network). I'd like to have a Bluetooth handsfree kit installed in my Touareg/Nav. I'd like a kit that automatically mutes the audio system for calls and feeds the phone audio through the audio system's speakers. I don't have OnStar so the phone and aux inputs are free. Has anyone installed a Bluetooth kit? Recomendations on specific kits and/or installers here in Connecticut? Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have installed the Motorola as well as the ericson, though I like the motorola one better, it had better sound quality and ease of install. But thanks to Spockcat and his detailed instructions for the aux sound and cell mute, as well as the pins for the wires, my install was a breeze, take a look at some msgs further down for some pics. I have the onstar and just wired in with it and have no troubles, and it sounds great!

·
Registered
866 Posts
CK3000 install today

VWVortex member Ch0p and I installed a Parrot CK3000 bluetooth in his TReg today. The install was not too difficult. We used Spockcats phone connection kit. Ch0p had also ordered the AUX kit from spock for his iPod, so it was installed at the same time.

We were initially going to put the Parrot box under the passenger side dash. Turns out things a pretty tight there. We could have made it work, but there is a lot more room on the drivers side, so that's where it went.

Ch0p put the mic on on the mini-visor, using the Parrot supplied clip, and running the wire along the drivers A pillar and the windshield weatherstripping. The Parrot comes with a two-button/two-led control module. It's just a tiny bit smaller than the blank insert next to the hazard light switch. Temporarily, Ch0p left the blank out, and the switch is in this spot. It's not a good fit yet, but Ch0p will be working on the cosmetics in the future.

Here's a few pics of the process. Not a lot more to see than in spocks phone adaptor install docs.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bluetooth phone installed - Parrto CK3100

OK, I finally installed the CK3100. installation was fairly simple. Used Spock cable kit, instructions were very clear.
panel is located just behind the steering wheel - very convenient!!
Mic is on the dash.

Pictures attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
866 Posts
Ozzie Bob said:
Very neat install (CK3100). Just one question, where do you connect the 'IGNITION' wire? 8-[

That would be on a switched circuit. Tap off of one of the fuses on the bottom row - either fuse panel.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I installed the Parrot 3000 yesterday. The install was easier than I thought. Spockcat had already installed the wires on the radio for me, (when we were in NH), and had them waiting under the footwell cover for me to connect. The Parrot kit works exellent. Would recommend to anyone.

·
Registered
11 Posts
just asking!

If i installed the bluetooth set and connected it with my bluetooth phone, do i have to fix a mic in the car? the bluetooth set is it hard to install? you have to open the main thing inside the car? and where can i find a bluetooth set for my car?

thanks

·
Premium Member
4,837 Posts
Re: just asking!

If i installed the bluetooth set and connected it with my bluetooth phone, do i have to fix a mic in the car? YES, A MIC IS REQUIRED

the bluetooth set is it hard to install? NOT TOO DIFFICULT BUT WIRING IS INVOLVED.

you have to open the main thing inside the car? YOU HAVE TO PULL THE RADIO, MOUNT THE CONTROL ON THE DASH, MOUNT THE BOX INSIDE THE DASH, WIRE TO POWER AND RUN THE MIC WIRE.

and where can i find a bluetooth set for my car? INTERNET OR EBAY IS THE BEST SOURCE

thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Re: Motorola ihf1000 or Raytel TellPhone 4000?

tanouye said:
Has anyone installed a Motorola blnc IHF1000 or a Raytel TellPhone 4000 Blue bluetooth kit in a Treg? I need voice number dialing feature, and these two are the only ones that I can find. Here are the info links:

http://www.motorola.com/automotive/solution_blnc.html

http://www.raytel-llc.com/TellPhone4000Blue_index.html#accessorie

Recieved a quote for $1000 for an aftermarket install on the Raytel. Seems high, but worth it?
The Parrot models (CK3000, CK3100) support voice dialing, as long as you Bluetooth phone supports it. My Ck3000 install and my Nokia 6820 works great with voice dialing. Less than $200 total for all parts, and I installed it myself. I wouldn't pay $1000 for this feature, but that's just me.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.