Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2004 Touareg and I’m trying to upgrade the cd changer head unit for hands free Bluetooth. Most of the upgrade kits I’m finding a reference to on this site are from 2011, any feedback on the newer options? Barring that, how hard is it to shoehorn in a new generic double din stereo? Local store has a few nice options but I’m worried I’ll loose some functionality or cause damage to the system. Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Pyroglyph, did you find any suitable upgrades? I just bought an 04 T Reg and trying to add bluetooth or at least aux in to the the stock Nav radio.

·
Registered
292 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks Qurtaba. I ordered the TM Techmark product a few days ago. I plan to use it with a bluetooth dongle. For under $50, I'm hoping it works well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Go on amazon and buy this I have a 2004 v8 Touareg and it has some awesome features Ie ability to answer and end calls through steering wheel, change songs on the phone with the small toggle wheel on the steering wheel and the ability to use a USB stick or micro as card in the adapter for music. It also is a no splice solution that connects through the CD changer port on the back of the radio. It also has toggle switches that can enable the use of the CD changer if you are so inclined but realistically who uses cds still when Apple Music works better and on my iphone I can use apple maps for navigation or waze and have the directions go through the sound system.

amazon.com/Bluetooth-Handsfree-Changer-Interface-Volkswagen/dp/B06Y66HW92

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts