Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a feeling we're not the first owners to encounter the problem of blue jean and black jean stains on Cornsilk leather seats. Any recommendations for removing? I've been using Lexol leather cleaner since the 80's so that's my anticipated solution but thought I'd check the forum first.

Also,many suggestions on slip on seat covers?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
No, you aren't the first. The cornsilk cars should be sold with a jeans warning!

Can't remember what others used.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I tried many types of vinyl cleaner including lexol with no success. Also tried denatured alcohol with no success.

I was able to get most of it off using 3m General Purpose Adhesive Remover.

Just search 3m 08984 and you will find it. Does not damage vinyl or cloth but I was extremely careful using it and did not allow it to soak in. It is a solvent.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Er, aren't we talking leather here?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Er, aren't we talking leather here?
Apologize. I had vinyl. I would certainly be very careful if trying it with leather but it may work. You might try a tiny area that is not exposed. The product is not a powerful solvent.

A friend in the car business gave me some of his to try and it worked. He has mostly older BMW's for his personal vehicles w/leather and I'm quite sure he has used it on leather.

When I used it I put a small dab on a clean cotton cloth and very lightly worked it over a small area but that was vinyl.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Try WD-40. I ràrely wear jeans, but have used it to remove all sorts of stuff from my Cornsilk seats. As always, test first on a hidden area.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Try WD-40..
NO, NO, NO....nowhere on the product does it state that it will help you with your cornsilk interior. Don't get me wrong, I buy WD-40 by the gallon, but I do not use it on the leather interiors of my expensive vehicles.....

That said, I highly recommend "Leatherique". The product is expensive and recommended by many folks on this forum as well as many folks with vintage rare vehicles. It works. I bought some to clean the seats of my 2012 Exec with Cornsilk interior. It worked. My Wife did not like the odor...but I'm hard pressed to find things she likes anyway.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just performed an interior detail on my T3 using Swissvax Leather Kit; it's well worth the money.

The kit includes the following:
Leather Cleaner
Leather Milk
Elephant Fat
Brush
Towel
Applicator

You may want to consider the "Forte" kit for heavily soiled leather.

Spray the cleaner one section at a time, use the supplied brush and lightly scrub side to side then up an down. Before the cleaner dries use the supplied towel to scoop the cleaner away, DO NOT RUB. (This step is key)

Once dry massage the leather milk and let it soak. Some areas may need reapplication (seat bolster) from constant friction. This will be evident as these areas will absorb the milk faster than others.

If it's cold, you may want to use/try the following:

Heat gun to warm the leather, this really helps open the pores (be careful not to over do it)

Turn the car on and run heated seats and increase the temperature as high as it will go.

When I cleaned mine it was about 40 degrees and this helped tremendously.

Last, sparingly massage the elephant fat into the seats and buff off excess residue.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I'm sorry but I can't possibly take any post seriously that suggests rubbing car seats with elephant fat, especially as a first post.

This has to be wind up.

You'll be telling us next to feed the seats with buns when the elephant's trunk appears!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
You're right; restoring the waterproofing effect of leather does sound rather preposterous.

Perhaps we should just use your initial suggestion of a "jeans warning."

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Depending upon age and appearance, perhaps young ladies should be required to remove their jeans before travel!

Anyway, turns out no buns are required after all . . .

Swissvax UK

·
Registered
268 Posts
Have a feeling we're not the first owners to encounter the problem of blue jean and black jean stains on Cornsilk leather seats. Any recommendations for removing?
I had that same problem once last year. My detailer removed it with, and I quote him here, "Ultima interior cleaner from Carpro with a broken in scrub pad".

After that he sealed the leather (I think with more Carpro products) and since then the seats have incurred no new stains of any sort.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Start with Lexol if you already have some. I have black leather in my Touareg so staining isn't a problem but it works great removing denim stains from our Audi's Chestnut Brown leather.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I've used a leather cleaner conditioner and it has removed the blue tint caused by jeans on the side lower seat bolster.
I can't recall the actual name of it but will check later since I think I have a little left.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Have a feeling we're not the first owners to encounter the problem of blue jean and black jean stains on Cornsilk leather seats. Any recommendations for removing? I've been using Lexol leather cleaner since the 80's so that's my anticipated solution but thought I'd check the forum first.

Home Page | Leatherique Restoration Products

Don't bother with anything else. This is real leather cleaner, oil and so forth to maintain leather.

Email them and ask them what they suggest. I am thinking oiling then cleaning with pristine clean to remove stain. The oil will bring out the ink and the cleaner will refurbish to new while removing oil and ink. I oil and clean once a year and also clean when needed. Fantastic stuff. All the other stuff is no good!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Try Opti-Leather Cleanser from Dr. Beasley's.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts