Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2010 3.0 V6 TDI, and like so many I am trying to devise a plan once a settlement is reached this spring. Besides my 2008 GTI, this Touareg has been one of the best vehicles I've ever owned, and I am hard pressed to find a suitable replacement. I tow a 7x12 V nose (approximately 5,000 lbs), the Touareg is on the beach 9 months out of the year and my daily commute consists of 75 highway miles a day. I would love to keep the T2 and had hopes of owning it forever, however if it benefits me financially, what have I got to lose? *Now to my point; One option I have is to purchase a T3 TDI after it has been "modified". I don't mean any disrespect, but where do these dealers get off asking MSRP when these vehicles are just not worth that kind of money anymore? Example: (and correct me if I'm wrong), according to NADA and KBB a 2015 VW Touareg TDI Lux in good/excellent condition with 15,000 miles has a fair market value of somewhere between $41K-$46K and a clean retail of $43K. Again, I don't mean any disrespect, but I just don't see paying an asking price of $53K-$56K for these vehicles anymore. Any thoughts on this matter? Although we all love these things, what are they really worth these days???

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, I realize now that these vehicles are not titled and cannot be sold. Any thoughts on blue book values once the dust settles?

·
Registered
443 Posts
I own a 2010 3.0 V6 TDI, and like so many I am trying to devise a plan once a settlement is reached this spring. Besides my 2008 GTI, this Touareg has been one of the best vehicles I've ever owned, and I am hard pressed to find a suitable replacement. I tow a 7x12 V nose (approximately 5,000 lbs), the Touareg is on the beach 9 months out of the year and my daily commute consists of 75 highway miles a day. I would love to keep the T2 and had hopes of owning it forever, however if it benefits me financially, what have I got to lose? *Now to my point; One option I have is to purchase a T3 TDI after it has been "modified". I don't mean any disrespect, but where do these dealers get off asking MSRP when these vehicles are just not worth that kind of money anymore? Example: (and correct me if I'm wrong), according to NADA and KBB a 2015 VW Touareg TDI Lux in good/excellent condition with 15,000 miles has a fair market value of somewhere between $41K-$46K and a clean retail of $43K. Again, I don't mean any disrespect, but I just don't see paying an asking price of $53K-$56K for these vehicles anymore. Any thoughts on this matter? Although we all love these things, what are they really worth these days???
you kind of answered your own question as to why the value of these trucks are so high..

·
Registered
68 Posts
There are many pondering what the values of the "fixed" cars will do after the dust settles. I would also consider buying a new Touareg after our 2012 is bought back but it is not looking like that option will work with my limited patience.
We had looked at used Touaregs before buying our 12 new and decided the used prices were holding well enough that buying new just made more sense.
It would certainly be nice if there were some incentives from VW, Porshe, and Audi for buyback "victims". I have heard that dealers were given some options, but nothing concrete. It's not looking like the timeframe for new car updates will work for me anyway.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Where are you seeing someone asking $53-$56k for 2015 TDI lux? I paid less than that for a new 2015 TDI exec before the stop sale.

With a pending buyback of the 2009-2012's, you will have a bunch of Touareg lovers with extra cash in hand coupled with a significantly reduced supply of used vehicles and no prospect for any new TDI Touaregs in the US. Given those conditions, I would not be surprised to see used T3 TDI prices go up once the settlement/buybacks start and I would expect the never sold 2016 and any carryover 2015 TDI stock the dealers have will sell at a reasonable premium over the used prices once they are fixed, like a CPO but better due to no mileage. There are relatively few of them, so I would expect they will find buyers without much discounting.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
They can advertise a new TDI all they want, but they can't sell it. That's probably been sitting in the back of their lot for well over a year.

EDIT: Upon closer inspection, that Exec appears to be used. The listing says "New" in the details, but further down it says it has 1,583 miles on it. If it's used, they can sell it and they can ask any price they want for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts