Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am posting this because I need help finding a blower motor and because the parts finders seem to point to the wrong blower for this model Touareg.

The blower on our 2014 Touareg has become intermittent so I think it needs to be replaced. I assume that the brushes are worn. So I went to AutohausAZ and was pleased or order a Valeo 1K1820015Q for only $108 shipped. Awesome. Well I went to install it and as soon as I pulled my blower I could see it didn't match. I called them and they are returning it for free but they were not able to suggest a replacement for me. They couldn't cross reference the model numbers.

So now I can only seem to find OEM blowers for $265 or so. Ouch. But the VW part number is 7P0-820-021-H and when I was googling that I linked over to AutohausAZ and found this Continental VDO model that says it fits a Cayenne. It sure looks accurate in the pictures. It was $175 but of course has now gone backordered since I've been trying to determine if it is a good replacement for my Touareg. Here is a link to that one: Continental VDO 95857234202, PM4090 Blower Motor; Front SKU: 1446896-CV-95857234202 - Porsche

So any thoughts on a) whether this continental blower is an OEM replacement for this Touareg? Or more generally what is the cheapest option for me here? I saw threads about replacing brushes for only $10 or so and I'm not totally against that but it looked fairly difficult and I'm not sure where to source brushes either.

IMG_4615.JPG

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had intermitent problems with my blower sometimes turning on then not at all. Brought to dealer for an estimate. Was covered under warranty. 2014 Touareg redline tdi.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I use Partsgeek.com They don't always have what I'm looking for, but when they do I save a bazillion dollars.
What did Partsgeek have to say about this part?
I often include them in my parts search but prefer to use an outlet with less freight charges.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm writing to close the book on this thread. I ended up going with a VW OEM replacement. I just couldn't find an alternative that seemed trustworthy. I would have tried the Continental VDO unit that I had seen for about $175, but it was backordered everywhere. I ended up using one of the VW dealers who sell parts online at discounted prices - found by googing the part number I believe. I paid about $245 + shipping, which seems crazy but not as crazy as the $403 I was quoted by the parts desk at my dealer. It was an easy DIY repair. No need for VAGCOM. And I replaced the cabin air filter while I was there. I'm assuming I saved about $300 or so by avoiding the dealer so well worth it. Original blower lasted about 6-7 yrs and 170k miles.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts