Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi help needed.
I put my right blinker on it blinks 3 times then switchers to left side even though the blinker arm is still in the right position. If I push it hard to right again it starts blinking right again and stays to the right.
Any ideas, blinker can or what ever is used alike.
Help please mark

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
Just a thought, but I would be looking at the indicator stalk and its related components. I think a hardware problem is more likely than any electrical/software issue.

Best of luck.

Stu....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Hed I'm thinking that but can't understand how it would be able to switch to left if leaver dose not move.:-?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Known issue which I've described on here and elsewhere several times for others after experiencing it myself.

You need a new steering column indicator switch or you can try what fixed mine: get a spray can of good electrical contact cleaner and give the existing switch a gentle squirt.

In the meantime ALWAYS check your door mirror indicators are showing the CORRECT turn signal BEFORE you commit to the turn.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks toogy, yes I came across a 2014 form you commented on.
I give it a go tomorrow.
Funny I was the same I had know idea it was doing it till a mate was following me today and had a go at me for not knowing were I'm going....get it sorted I hope.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Sounds like the switch to me. If you are mechanical enough, you can usually disassemble most of these switches, clean, and reassemble them. Or try nooby's shortcut, sometimes contact cleaner works too.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks nooby
Job done. cleaned with elect cleaning spray and the blow it out problem fixed easy as. 👌

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Good, glad it worked but do keep an eye on it signalling correctly for a bit to be on the safe side.

That fix worked for me for over 6 years and, as far as I know, is still working today!

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
OMG nooby!

Are you pondering what I am pondering?

In this case, Blinker Fluid did fix it!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
OMG nooby!

Are you pondering what I am pondering?

In this case, Blinker Fluid did fix it!
LMAO!!!

And MORE than you might realise 'cos I read your post and thought "WTF is he on about?" I was about to move on in great puzzlement when I thought to myself: " Hang on a mo - there's something going on here I know nowt about."

Soooo, Goggle . . . and hey presto, Bob's your uncle and Fanny's your auntie . . .

Urban Dictionary: blinker fluid

Still LMAO!!

and even better still, YOU CAN BUY THE STUFF . . .

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=22

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
In this case, we were able to substitute electrical contact cleaner...

But the real reason was obviously the OP had ran low on blinker fluid. We sprayed extra fluid into the switch and voilà, the blinkers work! :D

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts