Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a question on if I am going to do any black friday specials, and I thought sure why not...

So here is what I am thinking (i'm open to reasonable suggestions to):

A: For people that want an extra module of their own that can be swapped in and out as will:
I will give discounts by number of people interested, a $200 deposit is needed in order to be added to the group discount.
I have a number of these in stock for various models, if I don't have one for your vehicle one will be purchased for it.

If 5-9 people are interested I will discount the price from $650 to $600
If 10-14 people are interested I will discount the price from $650 to $575
If 15-20 people are interested I will discount the price from $650 to $550

B: For people that want an to use the exchange program, where I send them a module already programmed. They keep that module and send me ther module back to be programmed for the next person:
I will give discounts by number of people interested, a $100 deposit is needed in order to be added to the group discount.
I have a number of these in stock for exchange, but will begin a list based on response in this thread
The $500 deposit still remains, and will be refunded upon my receipt of your original TCM back to me.

If 5-9 people are interested I will discount the price from $250 to $230
If 10-14 people are interested I will discount the price from $250 to $210
If 15-20 people are interested I will discount the price from $250 to $190
If 21+ people are interested I will discount the price from $250 to $175

C: For people that are able send me their own TCM in for flashing:
I will give discounts by number of people interested, a $100 deposit is needed in order to be added to the group discount.

If 5-9 people are interested I will discount the price from $250 to $225
If 10-14 people are interested I will discount the price from $250 to $200
If 15-20 people are interested I will discount the price from $250 to $180
If 21+ people are interested I will discount the price from $250 to $165

This is going to be open for a limited time so please post up now...
If you are interested please put up per my example below listing option A,B, or C and your vehicle information.
I will update the list with usernames under each option once it is closed out, and will share information on where to send the deposit/ payment

Example:
Option B vehicle is 2014 Touareg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had a question on if I am going to do any black friday specials, and I thought sure why not...

So here is what I am thinking (i'm open to reasonable suggestions to):

A: For people that want an extra module of their own that can be swapped in and out as will:
I will give discounts by number of people interested, a $200 deposit is needed in order to be added to the group discount.
I have a number of these in stock for various models, if I don't have one for your vehicle one will be purchased for it.

If 5-9 people are interested I will discount the price from $650 to $600
If 10-14 people are interested I will discount the price from $650 to $575
If 15-20 people are interested I will discount the price from $650 to $550

B: For people that want an to use the exchange program, where I send them a module already programmed. They keep that module and send me ther module back to be programmed for the next person:
I have a number of these in stock for exchange, but will begin a list based on response in this thread
The $500 deposit still remains, and will be refunded upon my receipt of your original TCM back to me.

If 5-9 people are interested I will discount the price from $250 to $230
If 10-14 people are interested I will discount the price from $250 to $210
If 15-20 people are interested I will discount the price from $250 to $190
If 21+ people are interested I will discount the price from $250 to $175

C: For people that are able send me their own TCM in for flashing:

If 5-9 people are interested I will discount the price from $250 to $225
If 10-14 people are interested I will discount the price from $250 to $200
If 15-20 people are interested I will discount the price from $250 to $180
If 21+ people are interested I will discount the price from $250 to $165

This is going to be open for a limited time so please post up now...
If you are interested please put up per my example below listing option A,B, or C and your vehicle information.
I will update the list with usernames under each option once it is closed out, and will share information on where to send the deposit/ payment

Example:
Option B vehicle is 2014 Touareg

I am interested

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm interested in option C; 2nd choice would be B if not enough for C.

Is this something that isn't likely to show when going in for warranty service? I've got a coolant leak that is about to be addressed under the 10/100K warranty and will fall under the dieselgate warranty if it turns out to be the EGR equipment leaking.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm interested in option C; 2nd choice would be B if not enough for C.

Is this something that isn't likely to show when going in for warranty service? I've got a coolant leak that is about to be addressed under the 10/100K warranty and will fall under the dieselgate warranty if it turns out to be the EGR equipment leaking.
No, it looks the same to the dealer.

Please don't forget to put in year and model :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
the dealer really wont be able to tell? so no need to swap back and forth whenever the vehicle requires possible warranty servicing?

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the dealer really wont be able to tell? so no need to swap back and forth whenever the vehicle requires possible warranty servicing?
The software revision looks the exact same to them, however an experienced tech will notice a difference if they drive it. I've had probably more than a dozen people go in for engine related service work (dpf, sensors, etc...) and no one has even batted an eye. So it all depends on how safe you want to feel if that makes sense...

·
Registered
681 Posts
I ran a spare unit in mine that had the older software. Audi ended up replacing my EGR and Oil cooler systems (leak in the engine vally), and didn't say a word. It could have flagged, and they might not have said anything about it, being that it isn't related. But from what I've seen personally and heard from others, it should be safe.

If your transmission has issues, that's where you would want to swap back in your original unit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I own a 2015 Sport-TDI that I would like TCM improved. Feel free to contact me for anyone engaging in Option-B group discounts. I am the one who asked about Black Friday offerings. Thx yrktreg for coming up with some Black Friday holiday joy, Season's Greeting's to you & everyone else... :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Having had this TCM tune done already this is well worth the investment ..... my 2013 Treg is new again.....
(y)Yrktreg is a standup guy !!

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Having had this TCM tune done already this is well worth the investment ..... my 2013 Treg is new again.....
(y)Yrktreg is a standup guy !!
Thank you I try my best, I can have a bad cranky a$$ day due to some of my ailments, so if that happens just ignore me it's not personal :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts