Club Touareg Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
1,056 Posts
I don't get it Mike, my 265/65/18's rub like crazy and I used spacers and also cut away the plastic around the IC's:confused: Maybe if I pulled the spacers out??
What logic was used in deciding to place spacers? If you have someone turn the wheels while you watch the orrientation inside the wheel well, and how clearances change, you will see clearly that spacers actually increase the arc range which comes close to the liner.

The tire size mentioned should just barely fit without rubbing the upper knuckle of the A-arm/suspension component however I had that size tire, in BFG at-ko on an aftermarket rim with a slightly higher offset than stock, this in effect gave me a "spacer" of about 2-4 mm which was enough to clear the arm and only barely rubbed the fender liner where the V10 vents poked out when turned about 80% or so.

I hope that helps. Good luck.

· Registered
212 Posts
heres mine

Victor Turismo
18x9.5

265/60/18 ~30''
Pirelli Scorpion ATRs

...no spacers, no rubbing!!

Attachments

· Registered
75 Posts
275/65/18 really fills up the wheel well. I can't imagine any thing larger without spacers. I'm liking the Hankook ATM all terrain tire for $140 down here. I can imagine what they are up there. I got a burger and fries at Burger King in Dutch Harbor and didn't get much change back from my $20.

Mike do you have any pics with these tires? Looked them up and this is a 32" tire:shock:

· Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2008 Touareg V6. It does not have the raise and lower system. What is the largest tire I can fit on it. I want to beef it up. Also does anyone know where to get factory black steel regular black rim's. The type that usually come with full size spares. They are not fancy. I want to put them on so I can just take the regular off rims and save them for when I sell the car. Thanks.

· Registered
277 Posts
There isn't anyone that makes a steelie for the Treg. Look out for a good used set of 17s. The biggest that people have run is ~31.5" tire (usually 265/70r17), which results in very minimal rubbing on the front (most of the time this is only when in reverse). Some people consider this as a "non-fit" tire. If you fall into this category, then get a 30-31" tire. Something like a 265/65r17...

· Registered
20,262 Posts
Steel rims are not available for the Touareg.

They don't have full size steel "spares".

You can buy cheap sets of alloys if you keep your eyes open.

31.5 inches is the overall max diameter.

· Registered
1,318 Posts
Nice sets of factory 18's sell here for around $450. Great prices. I run the 265/60/18 with no spacers or rubbing. Great results in the mud and snow.

· Super Moderator
9,694 Posts
Any one fit these on a 2008 Treg V6 Gas?

I think this in a Brigestone Dueler H/L Alenza would be the best bang for your buck? If it fits that is.
Diameter is only an inch over stock. Your issue may be with the width and possible rubbing. Could need some spacers, but I don't know for sure.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.