Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 exec. I have the misfortune of using a vd500 to move the epb for new rotors. the stated routine for post installation just crashed on me and had to pay stealership $ 335.00 to get the air gap right and do the basic settings.
So as i understand it if the air gap is 1.9 to 2.4mm and the agreement left to right is .02mm. the vw code reader showed mine at 2.4 and 1.66 so the vd 500 should have failed but it told me that the air gaps were within tolerance then crashed on the grind in procedure. any of u guys know why this has to be so freeking complicated.. Does the epb use stepper motors? I'm still unsure what the ecu needs to be happy and not loudly pronounce that your epb is screwed every second until you get to 40 mph. Any one with a full understanding please explain it to my poor dumb ass.
thanks

oh yea dont count on ANel customer support it is some guy that will not even bother to read your observations and ignores their own data recording for trouble shooting. I wasted a month working on this thing before paying my penance.

·
Registered
2015 TDI Exec R-Line
1,166 Posts
I would only ever use VCDS or ODIS for any sort of programming or adaptation on my VAG vehicles. Everything else is subpar, imo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts