Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sometimes hear an odd buzz/whine from somewhere in the rear with music playing. I haven't managed to reproduce it but it sounds a bit like one of the speakers (tweeter maybe - it sounds high-pitched?) struggling to reproduce a sound. Wondering if one of the units could be defective. It's the Dynaudio in a 2014 Exec.

Is there some way I can test the individual speakers and system as a whole? I guess there's no self-test but is there an iPhone app, iTunes download or CD anyone has used successfully? I'm not an audiophile at all so no idea how to go about this.

I guess it could also be some occasional oddity with the playback from bluetooth?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bluetooth is all I ever use so yes, but not sure that's relevant. If someone can confirm the VCDS test, maybe it's the last thing I need to tip me over the edge to get a cable, or maybe I can ask the dealer to do it when it goes in for a service?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I found a blown cone by using the balance and fader in conjunction with treble and bass by checking each corner separately for treble and bass sounds and comparing sound stage to the other side sound stage. Rudimentary but it worked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts