Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I'm new to this forum thing so be kind. just bought a Touareg 2013 blue motion model I,m wondering which type of tyres are the best to fit next time round . I understand these Touaregs are quite hard on tires so looking for a bit of advice Thanks :cool:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hi all I'm new to this forum thing so be kind. just bought a Touareg 2013 blue motion model I,m wondering which type of tyres are the best to fit next time round . I understand these Touaregs are quite hard on tires so looking for a bit of advice Thanks :cool:
Hi, and welcome...Depends of what you want them for...winter? Offroading? Traveling in high speed highways...there are many tires out there but I think you should be a little more specific...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, and welcome...Depends of what you want them for...winter? Offroading? Traveling in high speed highways...there are many tires out there but I think you should be a little more specific...
Yes I should have sorry, I will be using it for normal day to day stuff no off-road (on purpose) and towing our Caravan. Its just coming up to our winter but the tyres on at the moment should be ok ,looking for good mileage. I am a yorkshire man so we are very frugal with our money as you may know . Thanks again:cool:

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
Yes I should have sorry, I will be using it for normal day to day stuff no off-road (on purpose) and towing our Caravan. Its just coming up to our winter but the tyres on at the moment should be ok ,looking for good mileage. I am a yorkshire man so we are very frugal with our money as you may know . Thanks again:cool:
Stevie, If being frugal with money is your thing then you have purchased the wrong vehicle!!! Nothing Touareg is Frugal!

Stu...

Reactions: orac

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
As far as tyres, I have been running Nexen Roadians, totally crapping Korean rubbish, but half the asking of a Michelin or Pirelli and last about the same mileage.

Stuart...

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
You should read up on steering wheel vibration afflicting some T3s.

Then you might agree there is only one choice - Michelin Latitude Tour.

You might want join the UK site- myTreg forums

·
Registered
1,684 Posts

well the tdi engine is very frugal. However the touareg isn't that hard on tires, at least not the T3.

·
Banned
3,336 Posts
I am beginning to feel like the Touareg T3 Tdi in Sport configuration is an oversized all wheel drive North American 2012 Passat SE TDI.

50,000 miles seems possible on the tires, if driven on highway/open road, and the MPG possibilities are as high as 37.5MPG under optimal conditions on the road at 100-105 kmh constant state with the A/C turned off.

What remains to be seen is how it stacks up in repair bills. Don't think many Americans were loving the sucktasticness and huge repair bills the 2004-2010 models were racking up.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have had good success with Toyo's on my 04 V8 (4th set). Ride is good and getting 42-48k miles per change. Make sure you have all wheel alignment before you put new tires on.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Is this not old English saying that goes like “I’m not reach enough to afford cheap things”? Thus going with the Michelin Latitude Tour HP is a good choice. I always buy the best tires I can afford – often THE BEST available.:-#

·
Registered
270 Posts
A tyre choice is all yours, problem is that one tyre fits all doesn't exist. I have a big problem when people say need to be cheap, I wonder how many deaths occur on the roads but to cheap tyres. It is true what they say, anyone can buy a Rolls Royce but keeping fit for purpose is going to cost BIG bucks. A Touareg is like the Rolls Royce, not as expensive maybe to buy but expensive to run.

So tell me how much is your life worth, but not only your life, but your wife and children if you have any, but how about the family you hit because your Cheap Tyres couldn't do the job. I have just paid £250.00 a corner for my new tyres and I think that all in all a full set of Pirelli Scorpion Zero's is good for my health and the health of other road users I won't hit because I thought I got a good deal on the chines crap Black Circles.

Go here as you have a choice of tyres from £200 life savers to an £86 life takers. You choice! Oh and I am sort of a Yorkshire man too as I live in Pontey!.:drunk:

·
Registered
39 Posts
My 2014 Treg R line tdi has 160k miles with minimal mechanical issues. My first, an 04 V8 went 235k but started to develop problems at end. As to tires have had best luck with Michelin Premier LTX, getting 50k, mostly highway miles. Prior Tokyo’s ran about 40k but lacked sidewall profile to protect rims from curb scuffing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Stevie, If being frugal with money is your thing then you have purchased the wrong vehicle!!! Nothing Touareg is Frugal!

Stu...
As far as tyres, I have been running Nexen Roadians, totally crapping Korean rubbish, but half the asking of a Michelin or Pirelli and last about the same mileage.

Stuart...
If you are not off road then I suggest Pirelli P Zero, no cheap but mine did 44,000 miles and they really work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
ok, I have met with a few other owners, and they are using Falken Azenis FK510 SUV, and are pleased with them, good wet grip, A rated ,70db, C for rolling resistance. sounds good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts