Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
any advice on the best Remap or chip for 2.5 R5 TDI for more bhp & mpg?
cheers
Dave

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Superchip worked well on my double R5 ( V10)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No regrets, just happy happy happy, i would recommend also to change the filter to a sports filter, i changed to a K&N filter, helps her breath better

·
Registered
110 Posts
Did the remap and upgraded to theK&N was defiantly the best thing I have done to my r5 many thanks to Vizue tuning

·
Banned
3,336 Posts
YOU mean downgrading to a K&N dirt sieve. They don't filter the dirt out, worst filter made for actually getting clean air into the motor. Nothing filters the air as clean as the stock paper element.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Get a good chip box if you want good performance. Forget about the K&N filter. With it its almost like without. Search on ebay, 250$ is a very good chip box from Germany that will get 222hp from the r5, and 480 Nm.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
re map? chip?
unless you do actually re map the factory ECU then you are simply changing injector open times and or duration, critically simply adding more fuel. not high tech!!! but works well for power.

despite what people post, remember energy is not free! so more power if used uses more fuel!! unless the chip guys have solved the world energy crisis, in which case a nobel prize and untold wealth is coming their way

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
A remap can deliver more power and better fuel consumption because the factory maps are trying to meet best fuel consumption figures for government tests [which bear no relation whatsoever to real world driving] and also because fuel quality varies around the world.

If you are able to get consistently good fuel, then you can have lots more oomph and a lot better mpg, but if you use the extra oomph you'll lose the gains in mpg.

·
Banned
3,336 Posts
A remap can deliver more power and better fuel consumption because the factory maps are trying to meet best fuel consumption figures for government tests [which bear no relation whatsoever to real world driving] and also because fuel quality varies around the world.

If you are able to get consistently good fuel, then you can have lots more oomph and a lot better mpg, but if you use the extra oomph you'll lose the gains in mpg.
Nooby, when is the last time you drove on crappy North American 40 cetane diesel fuel, as sold here in the USA and Canada at high volume truck stop dealerships? Chips are no good for us here. We got crappy fuel, period.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Note I said "IF you are able to get consistently good fuel . . . "!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts