Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
I think those are going to be too close to the roof. I assume you are putting skis on them, so you will need extra space for the bindings to hang down unless you are only carrying 2 pair and can separate them. My rack tends to be completely maxed with 4 or 5 pair, so I went with this:

http://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Locking-Vehicle-Cargo-Rails/dp/B0052WHJY6/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1446998062&sr=8-7&keywords=rage+roof+rack&pebp=1446998077271&perid=0G66FXNS63HEVV1WFPQG

Those are strong, get good reviews, and give you a couple of extra inches of clearance. I've been using mine for 2 seasons and it's great. The only down side is more wind noise, but I don't leave them on when I'm not using them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very cool! Thanks for the link .. yeah, I have a big Yakima SkyBox I normally use, but if I went with those, I'd have more options.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Anyone have any luck with these roof rails? Universal Top Snowboard Kayak Cross Bars Roof Rack Carrier with Lock for Car 2X | eBay I've got a '09 with factory rails and live in Colorado, I've probably got $2300 worth of old ski racks in my basement that fit every car BUT a Touareg! The price is perfect, but don't know how sturdy/well built these will be.
Those like direct knock-offs of the Yakima Wispbars I installed on my Touareg. I don't know what the quality of those is like, but I really like the Wispbars.

Link to Yakima Wispbars: http://www.whispbar.com/shop/

If you have/use your pano roof the low profile bar can interfere with the operation of it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Where in CO are you. I have a set of Thule Edge Bars with Thule traditional feet. I live in Aurora.

2012 Golf TDI Mid-Pack/ 2016 Touareg TDI Lux. Both are white.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Down in Springs ... are these the Thule feet that go directly onto the roof? I have the factory side rails, so that might not work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts