Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a member of this site for a few years now but have not been very active so I thought I would introduce myself. First off, thank you all! The information contained here is so vast that I have not had to post to get answers.

I'm crazy for VWs and enjoy the challenges of doing my own work when possible. VW doesn't make it easy. I'm a computer guy by trade and work on all kinds of things when I'm not working on computers. I like to take things apart learn how they work and put them back together.

Hopefully, in the future I will be able to contribute and not just absorb.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Welcome

Since you mention you are into computers AND enjoy the intricacies of VWs are we to assume you have obtained a VCDS cable and will be able to share any discoveries you have about the wonderful complexities of the Touareg computer/electrical system?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome! The cable I have worked with my Passat but not my Touareg or Golf, it is an older, used one. I plan to purchase a new one from Ross Tech soon and would be happy to share anything a learn. I have been doing a lot of reading about settings that can be tweaked in various parts of the Touareg, it seems to be vastly different than the Passat which surprised me.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
My Hex-Can cable works on my 2004 and it should also work on yours. Of course, a later cable design will also work on most previous years.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fourdiesel, I see that you have a V10. It's my dream to own a V10 and I am currently looking (that's why I have been reading so much on this forum). How do you like yours? I've been staying away from the 04s but I do like that they don't have DPFs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts