Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Fellow Members,
I am currently stationed in Islamabad, Pakistan and my 2006 VW Touareg V10 will be delivered to me tomorrow. I have been told by the delivery folks that the batteries are completely dead and the car won't start (no surprise since it took 6 months to get to me) I suspect they might of left the key in the ignition.

I am going to have to get what is on the local economy, I haven't seen to many VWs on the road here, I have searched and found an Audi dealership, so I hope they have a battery for me.

My question is which battery for under the seat and in the back. I have searched and I suspect that the Group 49 /H8 AGM battery is for the rear (spare tire Compartment) But, from my searches; there were a few posts that the Group 95R / H9 was the battery for under the seat. I am going to replace both batteries. So, please advise me on which are the correct batteries for under the drivers seat and rear compartment.

Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
187 Posts
OK under the seat you have 12v 110ah 520A DIN measuring 390mm x 170mm (or 850A EN/SAE)
In the rear you have 12v 95ah 450A DIN measuring 350mm x 170mm (or 760A EN/SAE)

Hope this helps

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Andy,
so the battery under the drivers seat is a Group 95R / H9 is that the correct battery language, does it matter if it is AGM or not?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I think it depends largely on battery manufacturer. My starter battery is poor performance, going flat after 5 days stood, so i am replacing both. The battery manufacturer i am going with says i need a DIN88 and a DIN100.

I dont recognise the battery type you are saying above. VW tends to go on european standards hence the 'DIN' application.

It is recommended they are replaced together as described in these forum pages. Search battery replacement and you will see its been talked to death.

The Audi dealer will have a listing for sure. you will pay a lot through an Audi dealer though!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not familiar with the DIN codeing but, I am researching it now. So the DIN88 is the rear and the DIN100 is the drivers seat battery?

Thanks your replies have been helpful, I am learning something new.

Joe

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Here is the current part number & description for the under seat battery for your V10 (can't help on the other one):

110Ah OEM VW battery (000-915-105-DL-DSP)

Below is a photo of the top of said battery.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts