Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys was curious this will be my first attempt to replace the battery on my 2010 tdi this weekend was curiouse what sockets needed and also I have a float charger to use to save settings did you guys attach to posts under hood or on cables itself prior to battery removal. Thank once again.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Did you get it changed? I had to order the socket for the seat. every thing else was a piece of cake. well except for the plastic housing covering the rail in the back.. its just sitting there I couldnt find a way to snap it back on.
And I used the posts under the hood, I didnt loose any settings. interesting nooby didnt use anything and kept his settings.
I also used a smaller AGM battery

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Those plastic bits are a fiddle. I don't know how I got them off and I certainly don't know how I managed to get them back on!!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I didn't supplement power while changing the battery and I never lost any settings. All I had to do was run the front windows down and up once to enable the auto up/down feature.

For future reference, a 10mm triple square bit is required on the seat bolts.

I was easily able to source a Group 95R battery from a local battery supplier. And it was half the price the dealer wanted. Entire swap took about 30 minutes. She starts much more quickly now.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Glad you're sorted. Having exactly the right tool for the job and inserting it deep and firm to avoid damaging your nuts is always the best way.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I had to get socket but everything went ok switched the battery. I did it more for preventative maintenance piece of mind since battery was oem orignal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts