Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Touareg V6, 2005:: I tried to open the door using the remote and nothing happened. After entry using key, tried to start car, nothing, and key wouldn't release. Battery was dead, this is a car with 216 miles on it. Put charger on battery and was able to charge battery adn start car. Drove to dealer and noticed the dif. lock was flashing and oil pressure gauge wasn't showing any pressure. Upon arrival and re-starting car to show service the problems all was find. Left car at dealer and waiting to see if they can find anything. Dealer has called and said battery was drained but didn't show any codes as to why. Will post again and let you know what they found.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Battery drain

I've found two sources of battery drains on my 2004 v8. First, on a hot day the NAV unit fan once kept running long after the car had been shut down. I could hear it but the only way to shut it off was remove the fuse. Dead battery. Second, while making some tire monitoring or door lock access changes in the Convenience Menu (the screen in the instrument console, not the NAV screen) while at a stoplight, I had to resume driving before I had a chance to close out of whatever menu I was working in. This resulted in an endless monitoring/control loop on the part of one of the circuits, which continued after I shut the car down. My advice is to only enter the menu when you're not going to have to interrupt an operation by resuming forward motion. Or, you can reset the system by making a change in your language selection. (Go figure.) At any rate, I haven't had the problem since stopping messing with the convenience menu at stoplights. For some reason this site is the only place this information is available. Dealers haven't a clue and the problem surfaces all the time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi raydon ,
do you aready hear about a stuff called : Priority Start (Pro-Series) , it look like this computarized switch will protect our Touare's Batteies whille the VW guys find the real cause , so you can learn more about this on Botac.com ,
regards.
Marcelo , Monterrey Mexico

·
Registered
11 Posts
Same thing twice with my new Touareg. (2004 V8 purchased on 9/26/04)
I was told that the computer memory was drained the battery.(located under driver seat), now it has been in the shop for 15 days, and last night I got a call from the dealer telling me that they were replacing the alternator. What next?? Read my postings. Lots of problems. I am negotiating with VW now. I do not want this lemon back. I just want them to buy it back so that I can go somewhere else and buy a realiable vehicle!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
if i live in USA ,then i think that i'll do same as you , since in Mexico the cost of treg is to high
($65,000.00) , then if i try to resale the Treg , i'll lost $15,000.00 , so i hope these problems don`t happen again !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.