Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the neg terminal located? Is the neg terminal the one closet to the steering wheel or in the back towards the rear seats? I've seen different things online and now I'm confused. My battery had the neg terminal hooked up towards the steering wheel. I have an 04 V8 T1

·
Registered
910 Posts
The negative terminal lead is bolted onto the floor under a small plastic panel just in front of the driver's seat base on left hand drives, or the passenger seat base on RHDs.

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The negative terminal lead is bolted onto the floor under a small plastic panel just in front of the driver's seat base on left hand drives, or the passenger seat base on RHDs.

I think I didn't describe what I was asking correctly. This is where the negative was plugged in. Is that correct?

·
Registered
910 Posts
You can see the - (for negative) on the black plastic casing of the battery to the left of the left terminal (it's near the front edge of the casing) and the + (for positive) on the black plastic casing to the right of the terminal.on the right.

So as long as that photo shows the negative terminal of the battery as being the terminal nearest the front of the car, and it will connect to the lead that is bolted into the floor as I previously described, then yes, that is right.

I put a smear of grease on the terminals after I've tightened up the battery leads.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
That is the correct spot for the negative cable to connect.

Also be sure that you have the small tube connected that vents the battery gases to the outside of the vehicle.

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can see the - (for negative) on the black plastic casing of the battery to the left of the left terminal (it's near the front edge of the casing) and the + (for positive) on the black plastic casing to the right of the terminal.on the right.

So as long as that photo shows the negative terminal of the battery as being the terminal nearest the front of the car, and it will connect to the lead that is bolted into the floor as I previously described, then yes, that is right.

I put a smear of grease on the terminals after I've tightened up the battery leads.
That is the correct spot for the negative cable to connect.

Also be sure that you have the small tube connected that vents the battery gases to the outside of the vehicle.
Thank you for the responses just making sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts