Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which garages change Touareg batteries? I am having trouble finding a garage that will go to the trouble of doing it, if they will do it they want a lot of money.

·
Super Moderator
3,817 Posts
Your service levels apparently suck. Over here in AU our roadside assist crews from the Motorist Associations change them on the spot.. Never been an issue. As long as you/they have a triple square bit on them. Buy one and throw it in the glove box.

Stuart..

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Stuart is correct. X2 on keeping the triple square bit in the car. I changed my battery out and did the same thing.

Your V10 has two batteries, I think, and there is a sequence to disconnecting them. But there are youtube videos on how to swing back the front seat (full removal is NOT necessary!) and replace the front battery.

If you are handy with a wrench, it is an easy job to do, esp. after watching someone else do it on video. Good luck!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Your service levels apparently suck. Over here in AU our roadside assist crews from the Motorist Associations change them on the spot.. Never been an issue. As long as you/they have a triple square bit on them. Buy one and throw it in the glove box.

Stuart..
Stuart
Not my recent experience, called RACV for a battery they came out looked at the car - "Oh! your battery is under the passenger seat, we don't change those, you will have to take it to VW."

·
Registered
2,751 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for your response. Everything here in Britain sucks at the moment! I can't believe I went to two known places yesterday and they said they couldn't do it. That was after them telling me on the phone that they could!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Take care to observe the battery connection sequence. I can't recall what the manual says right now, but I know when I did it out of order the car was very unhappy... turning the ignition switch would do nothing and it trapped the key in the lock!

-J

·
Registered
74 Posts
J- how did you resolve the issues created by not observing the proper battery connection sequence?

Take care to observe the battery connection sequence. I can't recall what the manual says right now, but I know when I did it out of order the car was very unhappy... turning the ignition switch would do nothing and it trapped the key in the lock!

-J

1 - 12 of 12 Posts