Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 40 days and 3000 trouble-free kilometers I had my first minor problem which kinda frightened me, I might say. Parked my Treg for dinner last weekend. When I returned and started her up I was informed that electric consumers were being turned off (don't exactly remember what was written) and saw my voltometer reading was just an hint above 10V (normally 14V). Immediately after, came another reading stating that the car was switching the air-conditioner off. There were no other problems, she was running just fine. When I got home, I switched off, waited for 5 minutes and started again. Everything was normal again.
Wondering if this might be registered in its memory.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes Mike you were right!
Actually, Brad, another owner had the same problem. Difference being it came back on after restarting whereas mine hasn't.....yet. Let's hope it doesn't ever for everyone!
Tom

Mark this one up to a computer glitch.

A couple of weeks ago I was driving home and the LCD showed 'electric consumers switched off'. I wasn't sure what that meant, but I pulled over, stopped, switched everything off, and restarted. A few miles later, same thing. I noticed the volt meter was reading 5V instead of the usual 14V. I assumed the alternator wasn't recharging.

Took it to the dealer. They ran diagnostics, got lots of weird errors. They basically reset the whole computer, per VW instructions. Haven't had any problems since.

It would seem that the computer does glitch, and a reset fixes it.

04' V8, Shadow Blue, air suspension, Xenon torches

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.