Club Touareg Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Hi Colin, should have been a little bit more specific.

I need to add that I have never seen the plug or the charging method used other than a mention of it in the manual, I guess the plug/wiring would actually protrude from under the seat from factory so no need to move seat and I expect the dealer in their pre delivery would disconnect and drop plug into battery box, it's also possible that they remove it altogether.
Would be happy to be corrected if this is not the case, don't forget that I'm talking about the 7L here. Maybe they've done away with this in later models, anyhow I got my new Varta battery which I plan to install soon so will have a look to see if the plug is there and post a pic to clarify :unsure: .

TonyB

Reactions: Colin G

·
Registered
429 Posts
@Colin G
can you provide some more detail on this in regard to the 7P please?
maybe a photo/description of which button you are referring to?

·
Registered
429 Posts
@seafarer28 Hi Tony,
Have you considered maybe charging via your trailer Anderson plug, although that may be disable via a relay when the engine is off?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Grant,

Thanks, but I'm fully sorted with my 12V charging needs, have more stuff than I need.
Just joining in the discussion and trying to help others to gain a better understand on what, how and where.

TonyB

Reactions: gatkins

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking at replacing the battery in my 7P 180 TDI. I was wondering if any one has replaced their AGM battery with a lithium one? I came across this in my wanderings and thought it might make aa suitable replacement.

Lithium Car Battery 12V Stop Start 1420amp 60Ah | iTechworld
Hi Tim, I am really interested to hear how the iTech battery performed. I am particularly interested to see if it is compatible with the Touareg charger and electronics.
I have 2 iTech 120s in my caravan and they are great.
Ron

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I wish I could help, but the car battery has been behaving itself and I haven't gotten around to it. I also have 3 of those Itech 120's in my motorhome, and as you say, they are great.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts