Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I did the Dynaudio sound profiling thing and now my base/stock system sounds great, HOWEVER, when I roll any of my windows down, including my moonroof, the system puts an extreme limiter on the bass, so all I get is treble. I know this isn't just bass escaping due to not being in an enclosed environment because when I roll up the windows there is a slight delay and you can actively hear the system returning the bass to the normal level. Does anyone know how to solve this?

I tried turning off speed-dependent volume adjustment and that did nothing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wanted to provide an update as I've been messing around with things and found it's not all windows, but only when the moonroof is open. (Eg. If I have the moonroof open and then roll down the windows, the sound comes back to full.)

Does anyone else experience this or know a way to change this setting through VCDS or otherwise?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BUMP, please does no one else have this problem when driving with just their moonroof open at higher speed?? Absolutely no bass, again after the VCDS upgrade. Anyone who has a moonroof, try going at highway speeds and see if you dont have the same problem.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi,
So I'm not in a T3 yet but my thought is that there is potentially a bit of sound cancelation from the acoustics of the cabin changing. The way to see if it's an electronic circumstance is to observe it at lower ground speed with the engine at a similar rpm. Are you saying it literally lowers the volume and bass when the roof is open?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's good/no change up to about 45 mph, then as you get to 50+ (when you actually need the extra bass/volume), there's almost no bass at all and the sound is not full at all. I know this has to be the system putting a limiter/cancellation because if you slow down below those speed or if you close the moonroof all the way, you can literally hear the entire system come back to life over a gradual 3-5 second interval. If you even crack the moon roof, the bass fades away, very frustrating when I dont want all my windows down.

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Dynamics of the bass being reflected around in your Reg with the roof closed vs them going outside when the roof is open. Bass always sounds better when it is reflected multiple times...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To prove that this wasn't just the case of sound going out the window, what makes it stranger is that if the moonroof is already open with all the windows up, rolling them down actually brings the system back to life again. I can actually hear and FEEL the bass return when the side windows are rolled down/open. As soon as the windows are rolled up, the bass goes away. There is something that is telling the car that the when only the moonroof is open = less bass. It would make no sense that the audio would get worse with the windows rolled up.

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
That may be a case of the Reg increasing sound overall to compensate for the windows being opened via can-bus system

I wouldn't worry to much about it just enjoy it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts