Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
My God,it's full of stars
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trading in your Treg and want to keep your HU? I'm selling the basic radio/CD player off my 2008 V6. Perfect condition and working order. Price $160 includes shipping, insured, via USPS to the USA. Let me know if you're in Canada and I'll find out if there's a surcharge.

Thanx

siberian

Attachments

·
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is. Better check as mine has CanBus2 and yours is I believe CanBus 1. I believe they should work, but best is to ask. Thanx for letting me know what you find.

siberian

·
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't believe so, but you will of course need the tuner which goes in the rear right wheel well.

siberian

·
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, please PM me as I'm no longer on this forum. Thank you

siberian

·
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanx, but until policies and those that enforce them change, it's not happening.

Miss the banter etc., but after 5,000 plus posts, contributing to the site financially, and occasionally adding a DIY, I get shut down because I want to have a thread started that is present in countless other forums?

I just go to other forums, where such taboos are not present. Have a weekend

siberian

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Actually, you've given so much to this forum and have so many friends, I find it sad to see you leaving this group. 5,000 postings, full of worthwhile information for us novices.

You should reconsider this choice, maybe give it some time to reduce this frustration you feel. Enjoy the warm weather, go fishing, and we'll see you later......

·
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Again, thank you for your thoughts. I expect Freedom of Speech as a universal goal, so until this forum actually applies this, I'm not interested as much as I do miss the banter and knowledge gained.

But if you can be shut down for wanting to have a dealer rating thread which I consider an important tool for novices and others and be told "that we're not backed by VW or other but don't want to deal with this." Forget it, what else are they not going to be willing to deal with? Plenty of other VW forums where this and a plethora of other subjects are dealt with responsibly and openly leaving the buyer aware of who the morons are and who should earn their trust, rather than just their dollars. Here we can laud Chris and Geoff, but mention anything amiss with a dealer or VW and you're shut down.

So again, this is not the thread for this and I've expressed my views clearly and openly after 4 years and over 5,500 posts. But until the current edicts change and we are free within reason to air our opinions on this (or any other forum), it's not worth my (or anyone's) time or effort IMHO.

So again thank you for your comments. I'm certainly going fishing, just finished a new stainless steel design for a full spare tire carrier to make it multi purpose for my trailer and Treg (heck according to the Dude I should patent it :) ), and if the management of this board changes, I will certainly be back. Until then, have a great summer and my best to all of you who keep PM and emailing me. I thank you for your thoughts and comments.

Back to trying to sell my HU. Cama'i

siberian

1 - 14 of 14 Posts