Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 T1 V6 with the basic CD/radio, no nav. This one:

No nav, no aux, no BT. And worn labels, of course

I have the opportunity to get one of these VW units (5C0035200) from a 2016 Jetta for very little $$.

Assuming the dimensions are close (which I haven't checked yet) will it be plug-and-play?

1. Are the connections the same?
these are the rear connections of the new one (I don't have the car with me so can't check my own)

And more importantly, is there any coding required? I suspect the new one has to be coded to a VIN, as the VIN is printed on the side.

·
Registered
996 Posts
First off, the outer shape is different. It likely won't have the same mounting config. It may also rely on a different CAN gateway, which would require a new controller. It would also require all the various parts such as bluetooth mic, GPS antenna and bluetooth module. You'd be better off buying an Android HU from AutoPumpkin or Joying. These come as a complete kit and cost a fraction of what all the above would. Or keep looking for a complete RNS510 system pulled from a Touareg with the required bluetooth module and mic.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate that the outer shape is different from what I have, though it looks very similar to pictures of the RNS510 that I see on ebay

US Spec RNS-510 VW Navigation RNS510 MFD3 3C0035684 HD Radio V11 Maps | eBay

But of course, I have no actual dimensions for either. As long as it is smaller that the OEM, I could come up with an adapter plate. The look couldn't be any worse that the OEM with peeling buttons, even when they are replaced by stickers :)

Yes, a full Android HU would be the best solution, but I have the opportunity for a cheap upgrade in the meantime, so I am investigating it. I have no need for GPS, but I must admit that I was assuming that the BT was built in to the 5C0035200, with the exception of the mic obviously.

If they are different CAN gateways, then that's not something I am going to mess with.

Thanks

edit - what are the dimensions of a RNS510?

·
Registered
60 Posts
It will not fit, touareg has quick tab fasteners(the pins you use) this radio in pic is screwed/bolted in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts