Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to promote other Touareg sites of our members by offering free ads in the header (top left). The size needs to be exactly 468x60 pixels and it should not be a very large file. The file type should be Flash, jpeg, jpg or gif. Animated ads are ok but please remember the file sizes should be small (under 65kb).

Once you are ready, please send me a PM and I will get your ad into rotation.

Also, if you have a site that is vaguely related and are an active poster here, please send me a message to see if I can extend this offer to you all. The goal is to help our members promote their sites. With time I will find a few other placements for the same rotation (bottom of page) and will display your ads there also.

Regards,

Andy R

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, I am the Andy that runs some other forums. My company is called Social Knowledge and I started my first forum in 2002, it is Airstream Forums. I got off to a real slow start after acquiring Club Touareg (I apologize) but with time I will keep refining things here with you feedback and we should be dialed in...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thank god.. I am a member at alot of Diesel forums and he has that thing all messed up trying to make a buck. My only request is do not put links to vendors in the middle of a thread by using key words.. Such as. There may be a thread about brakes. say somebody askes about pads. He has pads dbl underscored and if you touch it with the mouse it opens to some vendors site. Its really annoying..

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, those are called in text advertising. I do plan to show them to guests but not members. That way you all will not have to deal with seeing them.

If you want to post a link to a page with some examples, I can see which provider he is using and show you how to opt out from seeing them. You can usually click in a special part of the ads and then set the cookies so they will never show up for you again.

·
Administrator
4,300 Posts
Andy, I'll be making a banner for TouaregRally.com as soon as I can find the time! Great idea!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Oh, those are called in text advertising. I do plan to show them to guests but not members. That way you all will not have to deal with seeing them.

If you want to post a link to a page with some examples, I can see which provider he is using and show you how to opt out from seeing them. You can usually click in a special part of the ads and then set the cookies so they will never show up for you again.

Well here they are!! :confused:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Well ... I'm a member and I'm seeing them!

And I don't like them!

Sorry, Andy - this is the wrong way to go. :(

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry about that. Please check again and let me know. It was a setup issue. They should only be shown to guests.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I was seeing them before, but am not anymore. I found them rather annoying as well, but now that I don't see them, they're much better! :)

Thanks for fixing them Andy, and for all you do to keep the site around!

Matt

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
Thanks for the fix, I wasn't enjoying the view much either!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Andy,

I Would love to have a banner for Dakar Offroad in the rotation. Mr. Aircooled, a founder of the Colorado Touareg Rally has helped me design and maintain a website for my pre-runner light bar, offroad tow eyes and skid plate...perhaps we can we send in the logo? How can I support the site in return...donation etc. ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts