Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2006 Touareg and tow a travel trailer. My wife and I both have bad backs and would like better fitting , more contoured seats. That would have better side bolsters and a more fitting seat bottom. My wife is rather small and the seat feels like sitting on a bubble. Should we have the seats redone or are there complete bolt ons. Do the Cayenne seats fit ?

·
Multiple v10tdi owner
730 Posts
I don’t know if they fit, would guess as it is the same floor pan. My wife just got a new cayenne GTS and the seats are my favorite part of the car! There may be an issue with the power function working as it uses a different software/modules as the Touareg. Just a guess on my part with that...

·
Registered
827 Posts
Before a seat swap have you tried a special seat cushion? They make them for all sorts of issues,like sciatica. The seats in my new All track were killing me and the seat cushion made a significant difference. It may take some work, but an attempt of a $35 cushion is better than a $1000 replacement. BTW my cushion is "Everlasting comfort seat cushion". It is a memory foam product. Check it out on Amazon. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
The Cayenne Seats will bolt in and fit. The electrical is different.

What people have done is to buy Cayenne seats. You take out the Touareg seats and strip off the leather and the cushions. You transfer the Cayenne Leather and cushions onto to the Touareg Seat. You then put your hybrid seat back into the Touareg.

The seat frames are identical, but the electrical, leather, and cushions are different.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The Cayenne Seats will bolt in and fit. The electrical is different.

What people have done is to buy Cayenne seats. You take out the Touareg seats and strip off the leather and the cushions. You transfer the Cayenne Leather and cushions onto to the Touareg Seat. You then put your hybrid seat back into the Touareg.

The seat frames are identical, but the electrical, leather, and cushions are different.
I would say either do the above or take your T-Reg to an auto upholsterer and see if they can redo the cushioning in the seats to your liking.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts