Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello :smile2:

So I Installed an aftermarket backup camera connected it to RCD550 using a video interface

I'm having a problem with getting power for the camera I've already connected it to the backup light wire but It's flickering & I'm having an error for the backup lights on the dash

I just want to know the correct way to supply power for the camera

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Maybe taking the power from e.g. cigarrette lighter power outlet in the trunk? Or, if your system needs to wake up automatically, take the power from the same lighter wires and put a relay on the backing light wires.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe taking the power from e.g. cigarrette lighter power outlet in the trunk? Or, if your system needs to wake up automatically, take the power from the same lighter wires and put a relay on the backing light wires.

You've just read my mind, this will be my last try if I didn't find another solution

What If I took the 12v from the plate lights & use a relay to disconnect camera when not in reverse?

·
Registered
100 Posts
You've just read my mind, this will be my last try if I didn't find another solution

What If I took the 12v from the plate lights & use a relay to disconnect camera when not in reverse?
I would guess that the error message appears when you put more load on the plate lights... Worth a try anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts