Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my TDI in Jan., and it is scheduled to be delivered in April. The dealer, who claims to be the largest VW dealer in U.S., just informed me that his total allocation for this model year is only 5 V10's. If so, this must be a big reduction for every dealer. Has anyone else heard of major reductions of availability of this model?

· Registered
9 Posts
My dealer (Schmelz Countryside VW, St. Paul MN) was allocated a grand total of ONE. Unfortunately, my order was the second one they recieved, so I was left in the cold. But I just got a call last night saying that they were allocated two more, so my order has been officially sent in. According to the sales manager, the "region" (I would guess Upper Midwest) has been allocated 100 vehicles total for 160 dealerships.

· Registered
238 Posts
i know from difficulties from the factory with the tiptronic due V10 engine.
the tiptronic is from porsche. they have the problems in delivering the system to VW.

· Registered
5 Posts
v10tdi arrival

I heard from my dealer this week. Looks like a great Easter present. My tdi has left Houston, TX and is on rail car to my city. Today, I asked them to order the rear spoiler, side rails, and mudflaps. The trailer hitch was sold to me saying that it had to be put on in port, but that has not been done yet. The dealer will do it for me as the disasembly of the bumber and the tie in of the electronics etc. are not issues I want to be left alone on.

My dealer has been great about this delivery so far. When this takes place, I'll let you all know more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.