Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently brought my V-8 Touareg w/ 4-Zone Climate Control in for service. I have 3,000 miles on the vehicle and I had about 8 to 10 items on my list to correct, most were minor annoyances. They did a great job and were very responsive to my concerns. However, one item on my list was just written off as "that's how the system operates" and "that's an expected sound". What I am hearing is a whining hum under the drivers side dash. When I lower the fan to its lowest setting then to the off position the sound goes away. As soon as I increase the fan speed to its lowest setting again the hum returns. I was told by the dealership that they do hear the sound and also feel that it is annoying, but it is an expected noise coming from the auxiliary pump for the climate control system. I have never experience this sound with any of my other vehicles including my 2001 Passat Wagon and 1999 Passat Sedan. I can't believe that this would just be written off this way. I should not be hearing any sounds with the fan at its lowest setting, only sheer silence. The last few weeks have not been that bad because it is getting warmer and the heater has been off. But with the summer months approaching, I can see my temper rising with the outside temperature if I keep hearing this annoying hum. Has anyone experienced this issue?

By the way, my brakes constantly squeal when coming to a stop. They chamfered the brake pads worked for a couple days and then the squeal came back. I know VWs are notorious for squeaking brakes but is there a way to permanently fix this problem.
:mad:

Joe

· Registered
6 Posts
Dont think so

I have the standard climate system and have developed the hum after a couple of thousand miles on the odo. My noise also disappears if I shut the system off. If it is normal noise,I should have been hearing it all along. Will see what kind of story I get on my next visit to the dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.