Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the auxiliary heater on a 2010 TDI? I'm suspecting mine isn't working as my temperature gauge takes forever to get even close to operating temperature.

Last year I can recall heat coming from the HVAC vents in a matter of minutes even on really cold mornings (-25°C). And I can recall the water temp gauge reaching operating temp in under 10 minutes of slow-moving traffic. This year I get no heat from the vents until the water temp goes at least half way to operating. And the temp needle will drop as soon as I stop. It will sometimes take the entire trip to work for the temperature to reach operating. This is colder than -15°C and in pretty heavy traffic (low engine load). I suspect the aux heater to be intermittent or not working at all. Where is it at?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to clarify, the aux heater is an electric heater that heats the coolant when the engine is running. I'm not talking about a diesel-fired parking heater. Those are far too useful to be offered in North America.

·
Super Moderator
9,385 Posts
Remember, temp needs to be on Hi to turn it on and it really does not warm up the coolant that you will notice it on the temp gauge. Just warms up the heater core for heat, not for the motor.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've read conflicting information on this. Some say it needs to be on HI others say it just works. Last winter I never set it to HI but I would get heat in a matter of a few minutes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts