Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rather simple question. I just recently purchased a V8 Touareg. My window sticker says "Automatic Headlights". The manual is pretty vague on this function....and to be honest, as dumb as I feel, I can't figure out how this is actuated. The only way I can get the lights to turn on is by rotating the headlight switch. Other than that, they come on as DRLs but during "dark hours", they don't switch on by themselves. Thoughts?

·
Registered
866 Posts
The headlight switch rotates through 3 positions - full counter clockwise is off, center is automatic, full clockwise is on.

Leave it in the center position for automatic. If it's daylight, the DRL's are on. When it get's dark, or it rains (or even if you go through a dark tunnel) the full lights come on.

That's all there is to it!

·
Registered
866 Posts
azlinbackr said:
also you have fog lights.... to use the fogs you have to turn the light switch all the way to the right and pull out for the fogs to turn on.
Well, yeah, that too!

·
Registered
93 Posts
These posts remind me...

I read in the manual something about the "rear fog lights". At the risk of really sounding dumb---why can't I find them???

(Or is this something that they only drive backwards in the fog in Germany??? :roll: )

·
Registered
113 Posts
Maybe it was rear" foghorn", after a night of wurst and kraut for the engineers :lol:

·
Registered
139 Posts
US tregs aren't wired and don't have the bulbs for this.

Our volvo has it. Actually I like it in the dense fog...makes me feel that someone won't come up and ram me from behind as they theoretically will see me sooner with the bright rear fog light.

·
Registered
50 Posts
tregcentral.com said:
US tregs aren't wired and don't have the bulbs for this.

Our volvo has it. Actually I like it in the dense fog...makes me feel that someone won't come up and ram me from behind as they theoretically will see me sooner with the bright rear fog light.
Are you sure that the wiring isn't there?

·
Registered
39 Posts
The brochure I got when I was looking at the Touareg says that it has rear fog lights, but my Touareg doesnt......hmmmmm sounds like misrepresentation to me.....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Rear Fog Light

The rear fog light can be programmed in if you have a VAG-COM unit. It is default on for Audi. Basically all it does is make your rear left light look like you are pressing on the break. If you like in an area where there is a lot of dense fog, I would highly recomend this feature.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2006 Touareg V8 and recently the automatic lights stopped coming on. It would seem the sensor that senses night or day is not functioning and the dealership is clueless. Any ideas on the fix?

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
The RLS (rain-light-sensor) controls the auto lights. The first thing to check when it fails is if the rain sensing wipers are still working correctly. The second thing is to get out VCDS and check the RLS for errors.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The rear fog light can be programmed in if you have a VAG-COM unit. It is default on for Audi. Basically all it does is make your rear left light look like you are pressing on the break. If you like in an area where there is a lot of dense fog, I would highly recomend this feature.
For or no Fog, this rear Fog light is a good idea even for heavy rain, where you can hardly see the vehicle in-front of you with all the spray.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts