Club Touareg Forum banner

161 - 180 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just ordered one of these from Poland's eBay site, about $30 US. Should be here Monday and the dude has two left pretty sure. Seller was real responsive and easy to work with.

Ebay

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just ordered one of these from Poland's eBay site, about $30 US. Should be here Monday and the dude has two left pretty sure. Seller was real responsive and easy to work with.

Ebay
What year is your touareg ? mine is a 2012 and it doesnt have that function. I think I'll do that small upgrade

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Yuyueyuyue's recoding to activate the green ROW parking symbol during auto hold has worked very well on my '12 Canadian spec TDi
Many thanks!

·
Registered
292 Posts
So what does autohold do?
It’s a must have IMO for anyone that drives in traffic. When you stop it allows you to take your foot off the brake and drive off again by just pressing on the gas pedal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Technically, autohold uses the ABS pump to hold the last recieved braking signal level, after you have released the brake pedal, until the accelerator pedal starts to be depressed. Very handy in city driving to reduce unwanted creep.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Don’t forget that park brake automatically comes on when you unbuckle seatbelt/key off, and park brake comes off when accelerator is touched! Also very handy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
OK guys, can someone tell me the difference between-

7P1-927-225-C-ZJU (I think this is white lighting)
7P1-927-225-A-ZJU (I think this is red)
7P1-927-225-D-ZJU ?

I found the white at a semi-reasonable price ($65.94) but the website I am on says it does NOT fit my 2016 TDI, and that 7P1-927-225-D-ZJU does. So is that still a brake switch with Auto-Hold, or is it a standard US Park brake switch?

Thanks!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just installed my switch. Only cut myself once! (lots of sharp edges on that trim piece)

Now I need to get the coding taken care of. I am going to get VAG-Com myself, but the car needs to go to VW for a minor warranty repair. The service department says they will be able to enable Auto-Hold for me, so great.

Two thumbs up for this thread, should be a sticky.

·
Registered
159 Posts
If anyone needs an auto-hold button, please let me know. I have to order a new silver trim rectangle because I snapped one of the clips when I was replacing my button and now the shift trim doesn't stay put. Most economical way to order this looks like spending a few hundred on the complete console section complete with another auto-hold switch :\ I won't need two so I'd prefer to sell the switch to someone for the $30 dollars or whatever they are going for to help offset the cost of the whole shebang.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If anyone needs an auto-hold button, please let me know. I have to order a new silver trim rectangle because I snapped one of the clips when I was replacing my button and now the shift trim doesn't stay put. Most economical way to order this looks like spending a few hundred on the complete console section complete with another auto-hold switch :\ I won't need two so I'd prefer to sell the switch to someone for the $30 dollars or whatever they are going for to help offset the cost of the whole shebang.
Hi
I would be interested, is yours the one with red or white light ?

How much to ship to Canada ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm sorry, I have no idea how to tell which color the LED would be. I don't actually have an extra switch. I was going to order the whole console section and then piece it out to someone who needed that part. I was able to ask the seller if he'd just sell me the ring so that got handled. Sorry to get your hopes up. I'll double check which color my switch is when it returns from the dealer, but I believe it's red. If you want red, I can tell you which switch I bought off eBay if that will help.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Took my 2016 TDI to the dealer for some warranty work and had them code the Auto Hold button for me. Apart from a comment on the work order that it "may void warranty and cause other unexpected system malfunctions" there were no problems. Tech noted "Changed byte 16 of abs control coding from 72 to 77 to enable function."

It works PERFECTLY and it is so cool.

For those wondering, the part number with white back-light is 7P1-927-225-C-ZJU.

I wasn't expecting it to remain on after an ignition cycle, nice surprise.

Also did not realize the parking brake is automatically engaged when you shut down. Not sure why that is a feature- I never use the parking brake UNLESS I park on a hill. I did know about the parking brake engaging when you undo the seatbelt with the engine running, getting out of the car with just the ABS holding the car in place would be asking for trouble.

·
Registered
66 Posts
For those wondering, the part number with white back-light is 7P1-927-225-C-ZJU.
Thanks for sharing the confirmed part number. Did you figure out what the "D" one is from your earlier post? Was it the original part as you suspected?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks for sharing the confirmed part number. Did you figure out what the "D" one is from your earlier post? Was it the original part as you suspected?
No idea what the D version is, nobody responded here and even the people I ordered from were not sure.

A is red. I was pretty sure that the C version was white, so went ahead and ordered it. So the switch backlighting matches the rest of the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No idea what the D version is, nobody responded here and even the people I ordered from were not sure.

A is red. I was pretty sure that the C version was white, so went ahead and ordered it. So the switch backlighting matches the rest of the car.
The D version is the original I have in my 2016 (without Auto Hold)

I just completed the retrofit, I ordered the switch from eBay Germany.

Thanks for the writeup !

·
Registered
66 Posts
I bought a new switch from what appeared to be a reputable VW parts site (vwpartsnetwork.com) - but it came all scuffed up. Looked like it rubbed against the cardboard box so long, it wore into the surface of the switches & polished parts of them smooth/shiny. Bummer.

Anyone care to share links to where they purchased theirs? Was it in brand new condition?

161 - 180 of 194 Posts