Club Touareg Forum banner

141 - 160 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Even on the switch itself it's written 7P1927225A without the ZJU part. It appears the ZJU is just a VW internal naming convention for a newer part number or whatnot.
ZJU is the colour code, satin black in this case.

From what I've read, this switch is only available with red lighting, and not white?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Yes I've never heard of/seen a different lighting color.
It's actually not quite red, I would say amber
2015+ have white interior illumination as opposed to the prior red illumination. I wonder if the 2015 euro Touareg's have an auto hold switch.

·
Registered
327 Posts
To call up the green parking light for autohold in instrument cluster, here we go

Ignition on ACC

Module 53, security access 21673, long coding helper, Byte 2, change to 01 ROW.

key point - after the module accepts the new coding, wait 2 minutes, turn off the car, then restart.

(I tried this coding a long time ago, The autohold button would seems to not respond to press, even thought I have brake module coded. I think I didn't cycle the ignition...#-o)

Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 8.52.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 8.52.33 AM.png

file-4.jpeg

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Interesting that the US Tregs have both MPH and KM/H on the speedometer, but Canadians only have KM/H. My Touaregs are the first I've owned that did not have both.

BTW I haven't turned off auto-hold since I installed it last August! Switch backlighting is red like everything else. You'll either have to resolder some white LEDs or look for a European version.

Do you know if making the change above has any affect on the brake lights staying on with auto-hold?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Do yours stay on or off for now?

I think early in the production some T3 still had the brake light switch on the brake pedal lever, but VW quickly relocated that to the master cylinder, so as long as there's pressure, the lights should be on.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Mine stay on. And that's fine. I was just wondering if the coding change has any affect.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Interesting that the US Tregs have both MPH and KM/H on the speedometer, but Canadians only have KM/H.
Of the over 30 Volkswagens/Audis that I've owned, every Canadian-market one only had KM/H on the speedo. Makes it much cleaner, imo.

On my 2015, the brake lights stay on whenever auto hold is active.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks yuyueyuyue for the green light coding. Works perfect!

For those of you with 2015, 2016 Touaregs looking for the auto hold button with white lighting instead of red, the part # is 7P1-927-225-C-ZJU and is available from pretty much any US dealer parts dept.

I have a 2016 TDI and purchased the referenced part number and it is a perfect match to the rest of the dash lighting (white).

My brake lights also stay on while auto hold is active.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks yuyueyuyue for the green light coding. Works perfect!

For those of you with 2015, 2016 Touaregs looking for the auto hold button with white lighting instead of red, the part # is 7P1-927-225-C-ZJU and is available from pretty much any US dealer parts dept.

I have a 2016 TDI and purchased the referenced part number and it is a perfect match to the rest of the dash lighting (white).

My brake lights also stay on while auto hold is active.

I’ve seen the C part number a lot on eBay as well for decent prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The only problem with this mod is getting into other cars and forgetting they don't have autohold...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Worked like a charm! Thank you yuyueyuyue!
I wish NA version had the park icon like EU version, as opposed to 'PARK'. But, still great to have it green now!

To call up the green parking light for autohold in instrument cluster, here we go

Ignition on ACC

Module 53, security access 21673, long coding helper, Byte 2, change to 01 ROW.

key point - after the module accepts the new coding, wait 2 minutes, turn off the car, then restart.

(I tried this coding a long time ago, The autohold button would seems to not respond to press, even thought I have brake module coded. I think I didn't cycle the ignition...#-o)

View attachment 221711

View attachment 221713

View attachment 221715

·
Registered
327 Posts
Worked like a charm! Thank you yuyueyuyue!
I wish NA version had the park icon like EU version, as opposed to 'PARK'. But, still great to have it green now!
Glad to hear.

I played with this coding a while back and right after the change, I thought I broke the parking brake because autohold button stopped working so reverted everything back...

Fast forward to 2 weeks ago, while resetting throttle pedal with vcds, for some weird reasons I clicked into this module again, and of course the same thing happened with autohold button seemed to not respond to press, but this time I took a phone call before I got a chance to revert the coding back, surprise, everything worked after I came back, lol. I guess the parking brake module needs a couple of minutes to "reboot" itself.

·
Registered
685 Posts
you mean this? Canada has this rather than "PARK"
Correct, Canada has the ROW park symbol. Only in the US is "PARK" required on all vehicles in place of the symbol, as apparently Americans were confused by what it meant.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Correct, Canada has the ROW park symbol. Only in the US is "PARK" required on all vehicles in place of the symbol, as apparently Americans were confused by what it meant.

My Jetta tdi cup edition was American and had the “park” light as well as “drl” rather than the corresponding symbols. Was slightly annoying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

141 - 160 of 194 Posts