Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got an auto hold error the other day on the display. The error came with a few trailer related errors regarding lights.

VCDS shows only Trailer Errors (see below). Any ideas? Note i have a 2014 TDI that doesn't have an Auto Hold button.

Additional info-
1. Had a bike carrier on the hitch.
2. Had an LED tester in the 7 Pin Connector to keep the lift gate from accidentally opening by either the foot sensor when messing with the bikes.

VCDS--

Address 69: Trailer (J345) Labels: None
Part No SW: 7P0 907 383 F HW: 7P0 907 383 B
Component: Anhaenger H11 0110
Revision: 5A001001 Serial number: 00008200291898
Coding: 020D000000000000
Shop #: WSC 31414 790 00001
VCID: 3B757BFABA39D2E66B-806E

1 Fault Found:
02539 - Terminal 30 from Control Module
014 - Defective - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00101110
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 4
Reset counter: 196
Mileage: 25804 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2016.03.08
Time: 08:42:43

Ideas?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
If you clear the code does it come back? My gut tells me your computer didn't like the plug being in it.

Once I was to tow a small trailer with brakes, I had to use a converter from RV 7 to a smaller round seven pin. The truck freaked out and locked the trailers brakes up. Turns out there are multiple ways to wire plugs, and the adapter I had had the brake wired in a way that didn't work for my setup. Multiple dealers couldn't get this figured out...finally our RV dealer figured out it was the adapter.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're probably right. I was hesitant to clear it in case I needed to take it into the dealer. Of course if there was only a menu item in the RNS 850 to shut off the automatic lift gate I'd be good. That "wave your foot" feature or whatever you want to call it has, multiple times, opened the lift gate when I am working on putting the bike rack on the hitch. I've saved it every time so far, but my fear is I'll miss it one day. That's why I got the led tester. The same tester has worked fine for 9 months. I'll clear it, see if it goes away and then try it again with the tester. Normal errors with the tester are turn signal errors (which are expected).

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
It is a very clever idea and it sounds like it has worked for a while. That said I still think "something" happened with the tester (perhaps while driving), that is causing this. Perhaps it came loose or had a poor connection in the socket? Perhaps the LED light to the brake signal caused some grief in a certain situation you haven't run into before. Could theorize all day on this. If it returns you can dial in what happened leading up to it and see if it is a dealer item (would need to be a problem with the truck and not tester).

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately I got the same Auto-Hold error (29k miles). Came on at startup. Went away immediately and doesn't show in the MFD. This time, no bike rack / LED tester was installed.

I did have my dealer install the auto hold switch, but that was in April (after the first auto hold error which is what got me looking into it). I was not using auto hold (nor was it on) when the error showed up. First time around my dealer blamed it on the LED tester.

Will have to look into it more / get a VCDS scan for you I know. Anyone else had the Auto Hold error on a T3?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Same error again at 34k miles. Dealership tells me the system isn't storing any faults when it happens.

No one else with a T3 experiencing an Auto-Hold Error? Anyone have anY suggestions? I'm wondering if it's an issue with the parking brake, but you'd think that fault would show up in the system.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Same error again at 34k miles. Dealership tells me the system isn't storing any faults when it happens.

No one else with a T3 experiencing an Auto-Hold Error? Anyone have anY suggestions? I'm wondering if it's an issue with the parking brake, but you'd think that fault would show up in the system.
Is that the anti roll back on incline?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is that the anti roll back on incline?
You're talking about "Hill-Hold." That would unfortunately be incorrect, although the system is very related. Same idea, but works every time you brake (so at a stop light for example, you don't need to keep your foot on the brake). Nice for heavy traffic.

US T3's didn't come with the feature from 2012-2016. My car first got the error before I even had an Auto-Hold switch. The error got me looking into it, and after the dealer couldn't find the error the first time, I eventually I installed the switch and turned on the feature via VAG-COM. I've since gotten the same error maybe 3x (I note it here every time) -- it's never in the system's computer and goes away immediately after startup.

Before the error, hill-hold worked fine. Since the error, auto-hold and hill-hold have worked fine... It seems like its just a phantom warning about nothing that the computer doesn't store when it happens (intermittently).

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a 2014 Touareg CDI and just got my VagCom cable today.
After running Auto-Scan, my only fault is:

Address 69: Trailer (J345) Labels: None
Part No SW: 7P0 907 383 F HW: 7P0 907 383 B
Component: Anhaenger H11 0110
Revision: 5A001001 Serial number: 00000194257076
Coding: 020D000000000000
Shop #: WSC 31414 790 00001
VCID: 3B7551C9BAB43399DA-806E

1 Fault Found:
02539 - Terminal 30 from Control Module
014 - Defective - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00101110
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 96
Mileage: 43485 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2018.08.28
Time: 19:31:12

I don't have the Auto-Hold feature and saw no dash message.
Because of the date, August 28, I probably caused this fault when I plugged in the brake controller for the first time.

Maybe it doesn't like to see a load on the brake switch before voltage is supplied to the controller or vice versa.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts