Club Touareg Forum banner

Auto Hold Brake Disable

8K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  Brendanm 
#1 ·
Is there any way to disable the annoying auto hold feature using vagcom? Hate having to stab the throttle to get it or release the brakes after you put it in drive and release the park brake.

#3 ·
Vcds I'm pretty positive

#4 ·
I wouldn’t stab the throttle, before moving off. It will confuse the system. Push throttle pedal as a normal car and it will sense that you have moved the pedal and will release the brakes, if you stab it, it senses that you pushed the pedal then released it quickly and might put the brakes on again!

#5 ·
I think there was a software issue with a major recall in around 2017 on several hundred thousand Golfs, Tourans and other models for this very issue, but not the Touareg.

I had it on a Passat and rejected the car as it was too bloody dangerous parking it at a car park I used daily, so I know where the OP is coming from.

Personally I would go to my dealer and see if there is a software update to smooth it out, or the ability to switch it off.

#7 ·
unlike auto start/stop. autohold doesn't automatically turn on every time you turn on ignition.

While the engine is running, door is close and seatbelt is buckled, you can push the button and turn it off and it will stay off until you press it again.

#8 ·
Perhaps I have something else going on. It had the auto hold button, it's always off. It doesn't do the "auto hold" when simply coming to a stop and taking off again. The issue is when I first start it, park brake off, put it in gear, it is still held. Go to drive off normally, loads up slightly then releases the brakes by itself.

Stop/start has already been turned off in vcds 👍 Can't stand it.

#15 ·
277k km. It's not a trans issue, it's the abs module maintaining pressure in the brakes, the trans tries to move the vehicle but can't until the brake pressure is released. Would really love to just completely disable the function in the abs module.

#16 ·
If you know what's wrong, don't ask for help, just fix it.

Hill hold uses the transmission not the brakes... Read up on it and tell me I'm wrong.

At that milage, if you have never services the lifetime fluid, the gearbox could be starting to act up according to my theories.

#17 ·
And if you really want to get technical, it also depends on temp but given your flag, I will just jump to the assumption that you're not below 10deg C currently... But if you are, we can discuss that scenario.

Unless you provide more details about your conditions and what has or has not been serviced on the vehicle, I would strongly suggest replacing the gearbox lifetime fluid, even if only as a routine maintenance item.

#18 ·
I have only recently purchased it, and the trans fluid is one of the things that will be getting replaced. I don't know what going on, otherwise I wouldn't have asked, however I do know it's not transmission, the brakes creak as it's loaded up, suspension moves, and the brake pedal is hard due to the residual pressure. A second later when it releases, suspension unloads and off it goes. If it was being held in the trans, it wouldn't be attempting to move.

Perhaps I have gotten my terms confused, and it the hill hold system that's doing this,and not auto hold.

#20 ·
Could also be a sticking emergency brake

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.