Club Touareg Forum banner

auto box service

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  noobytoogy 
#1 ·
hi to every one new to the Touareg purchased one 2wks ago v6 tdi as a non runner bigends had given up,but it has done 199k have the engine out and a 2nd hand unit on its way so thought i would give the auto box a change of oil could any one advise as to the best oil to put back in or the best place to pick up a filter kit i am in lancashire any advise would help a great deal at the moment..

#2 ·
Just go and get the right bits from your dealer and also pick up the 850ml bottle for the transfer box from your dealer too.

See post #6 for the part numbers but do double check.

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f95/diy-transmission-fluid-change-pics-atf-82168.html

Plus Mobil 75/90 for the front and rear diffs . . .

Where is the diff oil change thread? - myTreg forums

This thread will be well worth reading if you haven't already seen it:

Buying a used Touareg. What to look for. - myTreg forums

#3 ·
Just go and get the right bits from your dealer and also pick up the 850ml bottle for the transfer box from your dealer too.

See post #6 for the part numbers but do double check.

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f95/diy-transmission-fluid-change-pics-atf-82168.html

Plus Mobil 75/90 for the front and rear diffs . . .

Where is the diff oil change thread? - myTreg forums

This thread will be well worth reading if you haven't already seen it:

Buying a used Touareg. What to look for. - myTreg forums
I dealt with a guy last week who used to be a VW tech who now had his own European repair shop.
He asked me how much oil I put in a transfercase and having done quite a few I said VW bottle is 850ml and it runs out the filler hole at that.
He said you can put nearly 2L in and I said bull crap, told me if you lift the vehicle and fill it while the engine is running in gear the pump in the case pumps the oil to the clutch pack and you can put more in. I was very sceptical as he showed me a transfercase that he said was from a Touareg but it wasn't. Any way he was right about the oil pump which I did not believe was in a transfercase.
I still wont be putting more than 850ml in but just another way people do things.

regards
Drag

Attachments

#5 ·
By the time you have faffed about saving a few quid and possibly getting the wrong parts or fluids or whatever . . . . .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.