·
Learner
MY21 Wolfsburg V6 Moonlight Blue
6,416 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered them today from Australian Brake and Clutch, $640 delivered, that's rotors, pads and sensors for the front.
They are Textar brand so an OEM supplier.
ABC were very fast to respond and half the price of a VW authorized repairer.
I'm thinking about an hours work from start to finish to fit so a good saving.
Thanks Stuart for the recommendation.

·
Learner
6,416 Posts
I ordered them today from Australian Brake and Clutch, $640 delivered, that's rotors, pads and sensors for the front.
They are Textar brand so an OEM supplier.
ABC were very fast to respond and half the price of a VW authorized repairer.
I'm thinking about an hours work from start to finish to fit so a good saving.
Thanks Stuart for the recommendation.
Textar? Cant recall the brand/product being positively referred to in the forums so look ahead to your experience.
Please let us know how the pads bite, feel and how much brake dust they generate compared to OEM.
I guess the experience might not be totaly textar as you appear to be changing just the fronts.
Are the rotors coated?

·
Registered
2015 R Line V8
2,972 Posts
Just another reason why membership at this forum is so beneficial, with great information, contacts and price saving recommendations. Nice.

·
Learner
6,416 Posts
Great, hows and the bite? Do let us know how much brake dust it generates compared to original

·
Registered
2013 V8 R-Line
388 Posts
very interesting. Thanks for letting us know. I know when I had to replace the pads and rotors for all four wheels on my R36 last year that I purchased some ATE gear and it was literally half the price of what I was quoted from a mechanics place. I ended up using them to install them though. Huge savings to be had.
Did you fit them yourself or did you have a mechanic fit them?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After a week the brakes are performing even better, some brake dust but not a lot. The instant bite in traffic is as good as it's ever been.
Fitting them was a simple task with the right tools which are well documented in other post.
I torqued the wheel nuts as discussed in the forum so all in all I'm very happy with the brakes and saved at least $700.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Nice to hear a good outcome....

Reactions: Indy7star
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.