·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
821 Posts
VW is already going for it. Looks can be deceiving. It's just a big tiguan with a wimpy engine choices. Very American, wonder why they are still selling the Touareg in EU,Australia, OZ ,China etc, I think we know.

·
Registered
167 Posts
VW is already going for it. Looks can be deceiving. It's just a big tiguan with a wimpy engine choices. Very American, wonder why they are still selling the Touareg in EU,Australia, OZ ,China etc, I think we know.
3rd Row seating... that's why the Atlas is being sold in America.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
No thanks. I had one for 3 days as a loaner. What a POS. Slow, bad braking, heavy barge floating down the road. Plastic everywhere. Just not a good vehicle no matter how they make it cool looking. Total Junk! I will keep my touareg.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes, it's big. I had one as a loaner for a week, not great, but not that bad if that's what you are looking for. VW admitted it was designed for the US market with the third row seating to compete with other manufacturers. I don't know that it was intended to be a Touareg replacement, just another/different model, not sure if they can really be compared to each other.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Needs a better motor and seats.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I guess that's subjective, depends on what you are looking for. I would not buy one, but it apparently is a good seller so maybe they found their market. I am way more comfortable in my Touareg and, of course, I think it's a way better vehicle...but everyone is not as discerning as we are. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
They are everywhere. I was at the dealer the other day and they had a bunch of them on the lot. I asked why so many and the salesman said most of them were sold.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I drove a 4 Motion Atlas to Portland last week and it had the V6. I found it much better than I was expecting.... although I couldn't get comfortable in the driver seat. Just felt awkward and a bit sore after a few hours. I let my dad drive for a bit and he felt the same way.

I did really like the visibility of the headlights. I drove for 4 hours at night and they were way better than either Touareg.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts